• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I like that casting, after seeing JK Simmons in Whiplash I really think he can pull off some great work.

Or the movie is not going to focus on that part of Batman's life yet, and keep Commission Gordon as a sideline mention.

'The police continue to hound me. Especially that commissioner.'

(shrug)

I think this movie is looking great!

I have been offered a heads-up movie box office bet: BvS vs. Suicide Squad - I am leaning towards taking BvS (I think it is a no brainer) - thoughts???

Definite no-brainer. SS will surprise, but not overtake BVS.

Why Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor (Might Be) the Villain We Deserve

Without devoting time to canon, you can choose to say that I’ve no reason to comment on Luthor’s marketing representation, but I won’t be alone in people who contribute to the box office without picking up Action Comics. I do know that comics have moved toward adapting characterizations to modern shifts in society, and don’t continue to exist only in their bubbles of WWII-era America, though. So shouldn’t movies as well? Lex Luthor has already been classically portrayed in multiple films (a bit gleefully by Gene Hackman and Kevin Spacey). Having another suit staring down at citizens from a Metropolis tower is detached, chilly and potentially uninteresting.

Eisenberg’s Luthor wears Converses with his Chinos, and designer t-shirts under unbuttoned blazers to add some “chill” to his flair. And per images and “interviews” with Wired Magazine, LexCorp provides a relaxing atmosphere to Luthor’s employees with a basketball court and three variations of bowling alleys (including duckpins for the Baltimore transplants). Just like the tech industry that this Luthor has made his billions in, this presentation is calculated to present a fun atmosphere that distances itself from classical business standards in both attire and workplace environment.

I have to agree. Although I've grown used to one appearance for Lex Luthor due to decades of consistent character design and portrayal, it wouldn't easily fit into modern times if he is trying to blend in. Making his company, and himself, come across as just a relaxed and hyper super-genius would throw the heroes off in the movie from assuming by default he could have ulterior motives. And that's the sleight of hand going on right in front of everyone's view.

Eisenberg’s Luthor wears Converses with his Chinos, and designer t-shirts under unbuttoned blazers to add some “chill” to his flair.

He stole my style.

Batman V Superman Director Considered Hiring Christian Bale To Play Another Part In Film

“This is a total and opposite reality from the Chris Nolan movies. It’s another universe, so we couldn’t hire Christian Bale if we wanted to, because he doesn’t exist in our world. Maybe we could hire him to play another part. We did talk about that briefly. I just wanted to hire Christian to play another part to make that obvious. Christian could play, like, Alfred with age makeup. No! Of course not. But you know what I mean. Even people at the studio would say, ‘Who are you getting from the other movies?’ And I was like, ‘Hey, come on guys, let’s all understand, it’s a different world.’ In the Batman universe that Chris Nolan created, Superman would have a hard time existing. That that’s why we did a reboot on the universe, so we could allow these characters to exist together. We needed to do that to have Batman exist in this world.”

Although I am excited for the upcoming movie, it is silly to divorce its universe from the Nolan Universe.

How Wonder Woman Will Affect Batman In Dawn Of Justice

Noting how Wonder Woman has been “doing this for ages” (in other words, been a force for good over thousands of years) and isn’t the cynical mess he is, EW asked Ben Affleck how she’ll play into Batman’s thinking. This was his response:

"It inspires in him the idea that well, if there’s one of these kinds of people out there, then maybe there are in fact more. If there are more, then maybe that’s hopeful and also terrifying to him, because then they could make humans even more powerless — or they could serve on our side. You’ve got to remember that Batman is the world’s greatest detective, and if he suspects that there may be more, and if he suspects in particular that Diana may be somebody special, he gets inspired."

Batman V Superman Director Considered Hiring Christian Bale To Play Another Part In Film

“This is a total and opposite reality from the Chris Nolan movies. It’s another universe, so we couldn’t hire Christian Bale if we wanted to, because he doesn’t exist in our world. Maybe we could hire him to play another part. We did talk about that briefly. I just wanted to hire Christian to play another part to make that obvious. Christian could play, like, Alfred with age makeup. No! Of course not. But you know what I mean. Even people at the studio would say, ‘Who are you getting from the other movies?’ And I was like, ‘Hey, come on guys, let’s all understand, it’s a different world.’ In the Batman universe that Chris Nolan created, Superman would have a hard time existing. That that’s why we did a reboot on the universe, so we could allow these characters to exist together. We needed to do that to have Batman exist in this world.”

Although I am excited for the upcoming movie, it is silly to divorce its universe from the Nolan Universe.

Why?

Why?

It just seems like after all that hard work and money spent across three successful movies to relaunch Batman to ignore it feels like three steps back.

It will be fine either way.

Jena Malone's Identity In Batman V Superman Revealed

According to an Imgur post, a Redditor was filling out an entertainment survey provided by Warner Bros. Pictures, when one question asked participants to name a character they hoped to see more of in future trailers for the film. Among those named was Jena Malone as Barbara Gordon.

ZelWOCg.png

Marketing! :ohnoez:

Someone in the comments section to this article makes a good point. If she is Barbara Gordon, then maybe the R-Rated version of the movie contains a Killing Joke scene leading to her becoming Oracle. And that's why it had to be cut from the PG version. Too brutal for general audiences.

But it would tie the two movies together coming out in 2016.

Jena Malone's Identity In Batman V Superman Revealed

According to an Imgur post, a Redditor was filling out an entertainment survey provided by Warner Bros. Pictures, when one question asked participants to name a character they hoped to see more of in future trailers for the film. Among those named was Jena Malone as Barbara Gordon.

ZelWOCg.png

I don't see a spot for Amy Adams. Much, much less.

Police Lifestyle has released a new ad for their upcoming line of limited edition Batman v Superman watches featuring footage from the film, including Superman's heroics & Batman's nightmare.

I wonder how watches compete nowadays against Apple's multi-functional device. If anything, this ends up as a collectible more than anything else.

Police Lifestyle has released a new ad for their upcoming line of limited edition Batman v Superman watches featuring footage from the film, including Superman's heroics & Batman's nightmare.

I wonder how watches compete nowadays against Apple's multi-functional device. If anything, this ends up as a collectible more than anything else.

Same way people huddle around a candle when the power goes out.

Old school watches have become more of a fashion and status statement than anything else. Most of the friends I have in the tech sector have their Apple watches but collect and wear Rolexes most of the time.

Review:

http://www.averagejoesblog.com/police-batman-v-superman-watches/