• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

That same review has been passed around to a few sites today, likes sharks to the blood. It's like they wanted to find the first big negative from someone that saw the movie.

Nutty!

But if you read it, he seems to be basing his review on the trailers. lol

Certain aspects of what we’ve seen look amazing, don’t get me wrong. But the Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luthor voiceovers, the limited back and forth between Bats and Supes and other odds and ends feel just a little bit off. I suspect what we get here is 65% a good movie and 35% a "what could have been" scenario. Again, I hope I’m wrong because I’ve been jones-ing for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice for a while, and really want it to be good. But enough of the stilted dialogue, possibly cheesy CGI and other uh-ohs have me thinking this could even finish below the halfway mark. Here’s to hoping I’m way off base.

i think he's completely guessing what others will think based on the trailers. even nuttier.

Someone I know saw an advance...

I asked what she thought.

Her response:

(No plot spoilers I promise)

I cannot wait for Civil War

I for one am looking forward to this movie and expect a solid experience. Hopefully I am not disappointed.

i think he's completely guessing what others will think based on the trailers. even nuttier.

There are going to be people that even when they finally see the movie, it will not work for them. Especially when I read this today.

Here's Why Zack Snyder Never Considered Grant Gustin's The Flash for Justice League

"I just don't think [Gustin] was a good fit," Snyder said. “I’m very strict with this universe and I just don’t see a version where...that (tone is) not our world.”

“Even if Grant Gustin is my favorite guy in the world and he’s very good, we made a commitment to the multiverse (idea), so it’s just not a thing that’s possible.”

This is probably where Zack Snyder loses a certain portion of his audience. He must have such a focus on what the character must be, it doesn't allow for enough range to bring a larger portion along for the ride. For me, Grant Gustin is a fantastic Flash.

Only a few days remaining...

:whee::ohnoez::whee:

There are going to be people that even when they finally see the movie, it will not work for them. Especially when I read this today.

Here's Why Zack Snyder Never Considered Grant Gustin's The Flash for Justice League

"I just don't think [Gustin] was a good fit," Snyder said. “I’m very strict with this universe and I just don’t see a version where...that (tone is) not our world.”

“Even if Grant Gustin is my favorite guy in the world and he’s very good, we made a commitment to the multiverse (idea), so it’s just not a thing that’s possible.”

This is probably where Zack Snyder loses a certain portion of his audience. He must have such a focus on what the character must be, it doesn't allow for enough range to bring a larger portion along for the ride. For me, Grant Gustin is a fantastic Flash.

Only a few days remaining...

:whee::ohnoez::whee:

The Flash TV show is, and I mean this in a good way, very 'comic booky' and Snyder wants something more 'adult'.

Her response:

I for one am looking forward to this movie and expect a solid experience. Hopefully I am not disappointed.

She didn't like it then?

The Flash TV show is, and I mean this in a good way, very 'comic booky' and Snyder wants something more 'adult'.

Oh, I know. There is definitely a different atmosphere. It would be difficult at times to join the worlds without it feeling forced. It does take commitment on Snyder 's part not to cave in to the easy path (give in to fanboy demands).

Tough job.

Her response:

She didn't like it then?

I don't think that it was a feeling of distaste or not liking it. I think it was a matter of preference. I guess it can best be described as being offered two types of pie and liking one but REALLY liking the other more.

That same review has been passed around to a few sites today, likes sharks to the blood. It's like they wanted to find the first big negative from someone that saw the movie.

Nutty!

But if you read it, he seems to be basing his review on the trailers. lol

Certain aspects of what we’ve seen look amazing, don’t get me wrong. But the Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luthor voiceovers, the limited back and forth between Bats and Supes and other odds and ends feel just a little bit off. I suspect what we get here is 65% a good movie and 35% a "what could have been" scenario. Again, I hope I’m wrong because I’ve been jones-ing for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice for a while, and really want it to be good. But enough of the stilted dialogue, possibly cheesy CGI and other uh-ohs have me thinking this could even finish below the halfway mark. Here’s to hoping I’m way off base.

I'm thinking it is fake/a joke. The review NDA for reporters is 6pm tomorrow. So either he saw it, wrote a review without mentioning anything not seen in the trailers so as to get around the NDA (probably not) or like you said, it's based off the trailers.

ETA: Clicking links is our friend :facepalm:

Just remember, I'm not reviewing these movies, but rather predicting where they'll end up on the Tomatometer.
Edited by jaybuck43

One interesting point is with Wonder Woman/Gal Gadot.

John Campea, who has not been a fan of Gal Gadot's selection, made it sound like she was okay in the movie. But the Nerd Reactor team says she was a high point in the movie.

hm

A member of comicbook.com posted his review. It appears he loved the Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor actors, along with much of the movie.

So, this movie was - OK how should I put this - it was great but did it live up to my expectations? No. It literally shattered them.

Finally for once in a great while for me a film not only lived up to it's hype it went beyond that and delivered something unique and special. I am not going to get into much because I know embargos are in place so I won't get into details. Overall this is pretty much my general outline.

After watching Watchmen so many years ago and then moving ahead into the future hearing that Zack Snyder was going to helm a film such as this I lit up inside. In my opinion he really is the only person that could have assembled and stitched together these heroes and villains into a movie like this. There is good reason so many have walked away from such a project in the past. It's a difficult world to bring to life on the big screen. Almost seemingly impossible. It really takes a certain kind of someone to get behind the wheel of a vehicle such as this franchise.

Solo movies are one thing to tackle and put together but bringing together these DC characters in the same film? That's a whole different ball game. In all reality there is no plausible means in which to bring Superman's brighter side into play with Batman's dark side. It would create a jarring experience shifting from one side of the coin to the other. Alterations had to be made to make them cohesive and viable in the same world cinematically and keep continuity. Zack Snyder, well he aced it.

So many people had complained about the trailers giving the entire movie away, well I am here to tell you they couldn't be anymore wrong. There were some twists and turns and pleasant surprises that will leave you simply going "wow". I mean this movie is a monster in terms of titan's clashing not just physically but ideologically and philosophically. The attention paid to some of the finer details and smaller character appearances were great.

In my opinion Jesse Eisenberg and Gal Gadot were the bright and shining twin north stars of the film. 2 of my biggest doubts were buried 8 feet under by the time the movie was over. I really wish there was more of them in the movie to be honest. I really can't wait to see the Wonder Woman movie now and I hope Eisenberg's Lex Luthor will return sometime to the franchise in the future.

Jeremy Irons and Ben Affleck delivered a pairing of classic characters unlike anything I have seen in previous Batman films.It was almost as if they lived together for a long period of time pretending everyday to live life as these 2 characters. Affleck really nailed both Bruce Wayne and Batman almost to the point you would swear he was Batman without the suit on. Both personas solidified into one stand out performance. Everyone else, smaller roles like Holly Hunter and Diane Lane of course delivered fine performances.

The first act was great and fairly fast moving but as it moved into the 2nd it seemed to move a little slower but by the time came for the third act it almost seemed to zoom by, like blink and you will miss something and almost to the point I wished it would have slowed down to stop for a moment and throw back a cup of Gatorade. The third act of Man of Steel seemed to drag along with a gimp leg where this seemed to be moving at a full on run for your life.

I really wanted to love the score. Honestly I did. I hadn't listened to it prior to the movie short of a few minute long snippets on YouTube but for some reason it felt like it really lacked something overall.. It was still great nonetheless. All in all I give it a 9/9.5 out of 10. A definite must see in theaters if you ask me.

I will be going back to watch it a 2nd time in Imax because it seems to be needed to be seen in that particular format to get the full larger than life experience. Can't speak for a 3D viewing because this was just a standard cinema screen viewing.