• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Agree. Routh not the problem with that movie.

Kate Bosworth (miscast)

Parker Posey (sleepwalking)

Kevin Spacey (paycheck)

Bryan Singer (paycheck)...

I don't know if I agree with the Singer one. I think it was pretty personal to him, and felt like a footnote/love letter to the Donner films, almost slavishly so.

He was coming off of directing the biggest opening movie in history at the time, and a well reviewed one at that, he could have done anything,

Bosworth was one of the worst castings of all time though, and I will never get over Kumar kicking Superman.

Movie critics are just old people who only enjoy one type of movie.

All their tolls comments I fully agree with.

Most of the Oscar worthy movies are the same type of movie over and over again.

I would rather watch Catwoman again than some of the Oscar nominated DREK.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

Zack Snyder is a great visual director but he is a terrible story teller. All flash, no substance. Poor reviews come as no surprise

300 and Watchmen were good movies.

Yeah, but like I said before, those books are cinematic to begin with. Just put the panels on screen. The storytelling was already done for him.

Same thing for any Batman vs Superman story. (shrug)

Open Frank Miller DK and copy and paste it to the silver screen just like I did with college waste of my time term papers.

I think it's hilarious that you guys are putting so much weight on what the critics have to say and also correlating rotten tomatoes to box office performance.

The last 2 Transformers movies received 35% and 17% on rotten tomatoes, yet they both made over $1B in WW box office. It really doesn't matter what the critics have to say.

hm

Are you saying those were two Transformers movies were "critic-proof" to international audiences?

Because they were pretty bad (and I liked the original).

Lebouf....LEEEEE boooOWWWWWFFFFFFF!!!!

I haven't seen the movie yet but this may be the finest piece of film criticism that I have ever read.

http://www.filmfreakcentral.net/ffc/2016/03/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice.html

Makes me want to see it now even more. Best review so far!

(thumbs u

Jeez, that was a dense read.

Makes the movie sound like a Saw marathon.

I haven't seen the movie yet but this may be the finest piece of film criticism that I have ever read.

http://www.filmfreakcentral.net/ffc/2016/03/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice.html

(thumbs u

I am trying to be optimistic as it is now 34 percent at Rotten Tomatoes which is rated lower than the Ben Affleck Daredevil! :o

(thumbs u

I am trying to be optimistic as it is now 34 percent at Rotten Tomatoes which is rated lower than the Ben Affleck Daredevil! :o

Did you ever get that sinking feeling? Now at 33%. Metacritic is at 44.

I'm not encouraged when the reviews are this bad. That being said, I obviously decide for myself if I like a movie.

These people who get ANGRY at reviews for bad reviews? That,I will never understand.

I'm looking forward to seeing this over the weekend. I left the theater after Man of Steel feeling disappointed (and a bit ticket off about the ending) but I've watched it several times on cable since so I go into this with an open mind.

Yowza.

Even reading some of the "fresh" reviews it sounds like kind of a joyless slog with no clear narrative arc, while the "not so fresh" ones are often brutally scathing.

Sounds like it has some glaring flaws in its fundamental storytelling. As an English teacher who appreciates story, that's going to be hard to take, but as always I'll make up my mind as the final credits roll.

Dan

Seeing it tomorrow night with four friends :wishluck: hope it's worth the eleven dollars for the ticket

Saw it tonight.

Massive spoiler in here.

they took the fight between batman and superman basically straight from DKR and then follows it up with death of superman + batman/wonder woman and made that 20 minutes of the nearly 3 hours of a movie that I barely cared about. Even more proof of that can be seen in he credits when they specially thank Frank Miller and Dan Jurgens.

Only true positives: Actual doomsday battle. Jason Todd Robin suit, still hoping Jared Leto joker is responsible for that or even is Jason Todd. Gal Gadot in battle and one passing reference to her name being Prince. Small bits of Batfleck.

There are some other mediocre things in fine with, but those are the only things I liked. I think all problems with Batfleck would not have been present with any other director.

Not a spoiler: Absolutely abysmal use of music.

Edited by WhiteLantHawkeye

i saw this but didn't want to read it until i saw the movie tomorrow.

It won't change my excitement to see the film. It does leave me waiting for that moment now, and not telling my friends I am attending the film with.

:(

Yeah, I wish I hadn't read it (but I almost always read spoilers). Can't believe they'd make Lois and Lex lovers.

i'm happy i haven'tead anything about it

Yeah, keep it that way. ;)