• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Nolans Batman films are great (the first two) but this Batman was bad

I want a batman movie now. The fight scene in the warehouse I need to see again. I'm taking my nephew this coming week. It was awesome.

It was great.

I also thought the fight between Batman and Superman was the most brutal super hero fight ever on the movie screen!

I weep for The Flash movie

They need to cast Grant Gustin. My kids were like, "That's not the Flash!?"

That's because the movie Flash is Wally West... ;)

He is listed on IMDb as Barry Allen/The Flash for Justice League Part One.

The Justice League Part One (2017)

And I really liked that The Flash was traveling across time (or worlds) to reach Bruce and warn him of future events.

A certain dream cameo has leaked online that was an interesting scene from the film.

Barry Allen!

:whee:

I didn't understand the intent completely until I looked it up online.

A spoiler within a spoiler? :o

It then cuts back to Bruce in the Batcave where he dozed off, now with some sort of time portal in front of him that has a cameo by The Flash, played by Ezra Miller, complete in his tech looking costume. He warns Bruce by saying “You were right about him. You’ve always been right about him.” He then warns that Lois Lane is the key, as it sounds like the death of Lois makes Superman go insane.

Now if you have played Injustice: Gods Among Us, this may sound very familiar, as the plot revolved around a Superman gone rogue after Joker tricks him into killing Lois. After he then kills the Joker in brutal fashion, he essentially becomes a dictator, similar to the Earth-3 Crime Syndicate. In Injustice: Gods Among Us, most of the good guys are dead already, so the good guys from another Earth are brought in to help out, which is something that could be really cool to see done in the movies.

An article from MoviePilot.com that talks through the entire dream sequence well worth reading - ONCE you have seen the movie. It does contain spoilers.

Let's Talk About that Dream Sequence...

Yeah, that's "Injustice" too. This entire scene in the movie is a big shout-out to the Injustice story line, which proves to be a major catalyst that pushes Batman to go and fight Superman: he can't let Superman get out of control. That's why he's so eager to remind Batman to keep a close watch on Lois: if anything happens to Lois, Superman will turn into their worst nightmare. She seems to be the one person who could push Superman over the edge (her and, as we saw in the movie, quite possibly his mother).

let-s-talk-about-that-dream-sequence-the-flash-from-injustice-906792.jpg

I enjoyed the film as a whole but there were quite a few things that felt out of place.

I didn't like the Luthor origin of Doomsday they used & thought his size was blown out of proportion. Those nuclear explosions he kept generating didn't sit well with me either.

Lex seemed like more of a psychotic Joker than a brilliant Luthor.

Then there's what my brother called the Iron Man Bat suit that seemed over the top as well.

I think they should have spread the whole justice league introduction over several films like Marvel did. There was too much stuffed into one film without enough explanation. I actually had to ask myself WTF was going on a few times. :eek:

Looked like they even killed Superman off in the end, which also felt confusing. Not sure where they plan on taking that.

I walked away happy & a little disappointed all at the same time. Similar to how I felt about Star Wars, which I really enjoyed but was very upset about Han Solo's death.

Edited by chezmtghut

I loved it. I think of all the superhero movies it's the best one I've seen since iron man. It was different and fresh. Completely what I've been wanting in a superhero movie for adults.

While not perfect it was far better than what I've been led to believe

I wondered if you would like it - I say that because you seem to be a film buff. I thought it was awesome myself and look forward to seeing it again. It definitely has an art house quality.

That battle theme for Wonder Woman seemed perfect for her main appearances.

There is a featurette on the Man of Steel Blu-Ray showing how Hans Zimmer pulled together the soundtrack. When he circles multiple drummers around him (10-12) for one of the main songs, you can feel the energy.

He did it again with that Wonder Woman song.

Just got back from seeing it. Everyone has their opinion but I don't understand how this movie could be rated as low as it is. I didn't care for Luthor and some of the sequences did seem not quite right during the first half of the movie but overall I thought it was great. I thought Ben was an awesome Batman and everyone besides Eisenberg was good too. It's not that Eisenberg was terrible he just wasn't believable as Lex to me. I asked my wife after the movie8what she thought and she said she really liked it. I told her it's one of the lowest rated comic movies ever and she said I've seen a lot worse than that.

with so many reviews in, I don't think the math will work--but it would be pretty cool if it drops one more point, as at 28% it would be exactly 1/2 as critically successful as a man of steel.

I went and saw it Thursday night. Bedrock was hosting a showing for customers, and I was happy to see this one with other comic fans after missing a couple of shows. Most of the crowd seemed really engaged, and there was a buzz after the movie.

It seemed like the general consensus was that they enjoyed it (I did!), and I tend to agree with many of the points made in this thread.

I think my only complaints were that there was too much going on and I wasn't thrilled with "goofy" Luthor (though, I thought Luthor at the end was more appropriate).

I felt like they could have cut 20 minutes completely, and changed things (moving one element to a future movie) and it would have been great!

it does appear that it will hold off my big fat greek wedding 2, mired down at 25%.

Can somebody else post something positive so Strawman can follow up with a negative post.

it's great!!!!

it does appear that it will hold off my big fat greek wedding 2, mired down at 25%.

Can somebody else post something positive so Strawman can follow up with a negative post.

it's great!!!!

are you high?