• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

For some reason, I really liked him as Kable in 'Gamer'.

In a future mind-controlling game, death row convicts are forced to battle in a 'Doom'-type environment. Convict Kable, controlled by Simon, a skilled teenage gamer, must survive thirty sessions in order to be set free. Or won't he?

Don't know how BvS can be ranked lower than Suicide Squad, the latter was a hot mess of a movie with little in redeeming qualities.

3/10 for me.

BvS extended 7/10

BvS extended 5/10

13 hours ago, paperheart said:

12 hours ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

Multiple award-winning film. (worship) 

10 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

voters must not have seen that 9/10 extended version.

8 hours ago, paperheart said:

won worst screenplay when no one connected w/ suicide squad could prove there was one for that "movie"

:cloud9: Such great posts. How could any one of you not be considered for 'Forumite of the Year' for your contributions? hm Oh...wait a moment.

Enjoy your TV/Movie/Game boards folks. :hi:

On 26 February 2017 at 2:28 AM, Straw-Man said:

voters must not have seen that 9/10 extended version.

Yup. Totally undeserved. One of last year's best super-hero films when watched as the Ultimate Edition.

Bosco, I've seen a few of your posts specifically point to the 'ultimate cut' and how taking that into consideration that BvS probably would have been more well received/reviewed.

I've watched both versions myself a few times.  I've enjoyed the movie either way.  Thought it was entertaining, just not great.  I've never felt that the 'ultimate cut' made me like it much more, just seemed like a slightly longer movie.

In your opinion, what is it in the 'ultimate cut' that really led you to feel that it should have been the version seen in theaters?

I am not saying the problem is confined to just BvS, as it is now a longstanding argument with many movies.  Three plus hour movies are never going to be accepted for theatrical release.  People do not want to sit that long without an intermission, and movie theaters needs more turn over rate to make money.  Am extra showing per day means a lot of extra cash.  I am guilty of liking certain longer versions, specifically the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but with those I tend to break the movie into two sittings. BsV arguably benefits from the longer version, but movie makers (and many do) need to work within the confines of the 2 1/2 movie length limit that seems fairly well established.  Shooting longer films, with overstuffed plots (for two plus hours anyway) are always going to suffer from editing and pacing issues, when they are forced down to time. We need to stop excepting the it will be fixed by the extended version argument.  The best possible version needs to be on the screen at release, or too much damage will be done to the film in the eyes of the critics and general public.

How much better could BsV have been if it was not written, and shot as a 4 hour movie, which 30% had to be cut out?

Edited by drotto

All I know is the pressure must be enormous on DC/Warner/Affleck for the Justice League movie to be a hit. If that movie bombs critically and boxofficewise than oh my!

Justice League comes out November 17,2017 which is two weeks after THOR: Ragnorak and four weeks before the next Star Wars movie.

If Justice League gets another low rating in 20s on rotten tomatoes,then DC Universe movies will probably go in a new direction I imagine. Remember the Garfield Spider-Man movie got much better ratings than the DC movies and they overhauled Spider-Man.

So this upcoming Justice League movie could make or break DC.