• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Did the "ultimate" edition change the entire story? That and a bag full of cash offered to me is about the only way I would watch this POS again :sick:

Why even bother restating you hate something if you already stated a few times you hated it - just to make it really clear you hated it? I guess that serves a purpose.

Did the "ultimate" edition change the entire story? That and a bag full of cash offered to me is about the only way I would watch this POS again :sick:

Why even bother restating you hate something if you already stated a few times you hated it - just to make it really clear you hated it? I guess that serves a purpose.

It's anti cheerleading.

Here's a summary of the major changes for those that are truly interested in knowing the differences between the two cuts.

Every Difference in Batman V Superman’s Ultimate Edition

For those who had issues with plot elements, character motivations, or Lex Luthor’s ‘master plan,’ there’s hope for scenes which clarify any or all. And for the fans of Snyder’s vision for DC’s ‘Big Three,’ any extra scenes or shots are just icing on the cake (not to mention the NEW Easter Eggs).

The ‘Ultimate Edition’ of Batman V Superman checks nearly all of those boxes (read our Batman V Superman Ultimate Edition reaction piece), and it’s up to each individual viewer to determine if this really deserves to be the ‘definitive version’ of the movie, or if their issues remain. But for those whose memory is hazy, or who are simply curious to know what the ‘Ultimate Edition’ has changed, we’ve broken down every – yes, EVERY – difference between the theatrical version and this extended cut.

One of the biggest clarifications is that Lex Luthor was clearly scheming the entire fight from the beginning after identifying each of the heroes. But done in such a way the plan comes together as a grand roadmap versus a clumsy accident.

But also seeing Clark Kent in action as an experienced reporter and as a hero when serving as Superman was really crazy to cut this out for the theaters.

It's anti cheerleading.

So if others enjoyed something you didn't, you are going to make sure their appreciation of something is continuously countered. Interesting!

It's anti cheerleading.

So if others enjoyed something you didn't, you are going to make sure their appreciation of something is continuously countered. Interesting!

So people who have differing opinions to your own should keep their mouths shut. Interesting!

It's anti cheerleading.

So people who have differing opinions to your own should keep their mouths shut. Interesting!

That's one twist to the story to justify being continuously negative about a topic.

'OH - HE SAID I CAN'T SHARE MY OPINION"

Sorry. That's not it. But if you already hate the movie, and stated that a few times now, do you not realize negativity bias just to drive home your point is more disruptive than any positive someone can post? All it does is bring negative energy versus logically stating your point why something didn't work for you. Like when people post "I can't believe anyone liked this pile of dung" versus "It didn't really work for me because..."

One is meant to spark discussion. The other is meant just to disrupt and detract from a conversation. Or do you not see the difference?

It's anti cheerleading.

That's one twist to the story to justify being continuously negative about a topic.

Sorry. That's not it. But if you already hate the movie, and stated that a few times now, do you not realize negativity bias just to drive home your point is more disruptive than any positive someone can post? All it does is bring negative energy versus logically stating your point why something didn't work for you. Like when people post "I can't believe anyone liked this pile of dung" versus "It didn't really work for me because..."

One is meant to spark discussion. The other is meant just to disrupt and detract from a conversation. Or do you not see the difference?

Can you form a human pyramid?

It's anti cheerleading.

Can you form a human pyramid?

Can you whistle Dixie?

smileys-whistling-770950.gif

Did the "ultimate" edition change the entire story? That and a bag full of popcorn offered to me is about the only way I would watch this POS again :sick:

Not quite but it does make a significant difference. Give it a go... you might like it ;)

There was one part of the movie that was completely changed...

The "Martha Scene" was replaced with entirely different dialogue.

In this version, Batman - stood over Superman with the Kryptonite spear - contemplates what it must be like having to wear an armoured suit to take down all his opponents and not just the most powerful being on Earth.

I expressed in this thread that I didn't like the movie in general and respect the fact that Bosco and others did enjoy it. I will say the five minute warehouse fight scene was the best Batman action sequence ever filmed, period.

That scene was quite incredible. A shame the rest didn't work for you, Charlie.

I expressed in this thread that I didn't like the movie in general and respect the fact that Bosco and others did enjoy it. I will say the five minute warehouse fight scene was the best Batman action sequence ever filmed, period.

That scene was quite incredible. A shame the rest didn't work for you, Charlie.

That was my favourite scene... until I watched the UEd. Now it's...

The scene where Martha waves to the Batplane as it flies off. Love it...

#dontdissmartha :sumo:

More Easter eggs discovered recently hidden in the Ultimate Edition of the movie.

Zack Snyder Confirms Obscure Batman V Superman Easter Egg

Aside from the more obvious references, such as Perry White’s “It’s not 1938 anymore!” swipe (Superman’s debut year in Action Comics), there were more obscure nods – like the man who uncovers Jimmy Olsen’s tracking device, Anatoli Knyazev (genetically augmented villain “KGBeast”). Apparently, there are some hidden treasures in BvS which are even more obtuse, such as this gem.

Batman super fan @mas_critical dug up a real doozy. While watching the film, he caught a shot of a broken window that looked suspiciously familiar. He noticed that the light through yonder window broke in a very similar shape to that of Ontario – the Canadian province where Superman creator Joel Shuster was born.

xfO0R80.png

Not one to make assumptions, the DC devotee contacted BvS staffers via Twitter, including Snyder, cinematographer Larry Fong, and photographer Clay Enos. A personal friend of the director, Enos showed the still to him for confirmation. Snyder happily affirmed the egg, saying “#finally someone noticed.”

tSB4mVR.png

Batman V Superman: Clay Enos Confirms New Easter Egg

True to form for such a meticulous filmmaker as Snyder, new details are still being spotted by sharp-eyed fans. Now we have yet another Easter egg confirmation from Batman V Superman photographer Clay Enos which spotlights one of Superman’s most prominent weaknesses.

wttrDhY.png

In the film’s titular gladiator match, Ben Affleck’s Batman ends up with a serious advantage over Henry Cavill’s Superman by crafting explosive projectiles filled with kryptonite gas. Batman is able to subdue the weakened Supes and gains the upper hand. Most viewers – if not all – likely never thought to ask why Superman never bothered to scan the Dark Knight’s choice of weaponry but now we now it wouldn’t have mattered. During Affleck’s training montage, we caught a glimpse of those projectiles as they were being made.

The shot didn’t linger on them too long, but the letters “Pb” are clearly etched on their side: this is the symbol for lead in the Periodic Table of Elements. As most casual comic book fans know, Superman’s X-ray vision cannot see through lead.

Batman V Superman Amazon Exclusive Box Set Details Released

The holidays may seem a long way away still, but Amazon has already started presales for their Limited Edition Box Set for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which is sure to be on many gift lists this year when it is released in December. Released in theaters this past March, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is the second movie in DC’s new Extended Universe, following on from 2013’s Man of Steel.

According to Amazon, the set is currently available to pre-order for $123.99, and will be released on December 6th, just in time for Christmas shopping. As well as the original theatrical cut of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice on Blu-Ray + Ultraviolet, the set also includes the Ultimate Edition cut with an extra 30 mins of footage, Man of Steel, two hours of bonus content. As well as the films themselves, the box set also comes with several collector’s items: Batman and Superman figurines, six trading cards, and re-prints of Action Comics #1 and Detective Comics #27.

Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice Amazon Limited Edition Box Set releases December 6th, 2016.

batman-v-superman-amazon-limited-edition-box-set-contents.jpg