• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

It's not as good as my SteelBook ed... ;)

I've held off on purchasing Steelbook editions because the metal outer cover can get scratched. But someone did give me a Batman Begins Steelbook as a gift, and the front and back sure stand out compared to your average movie case.

It's not as good as my SteelBook ed... ;)

I've held off on purchasing Steelbook editions because the metal outer cover can get scratched. But someone did give me a Batman Begins Steelbook as a gift, and the front and back sure stand out compared to your average movie case.

Wha...? You're not supposed to remove them from the plastic wrap!!!! They become worthless... WORTHLESS I tell you :ohnoez:

I paid 2 dollars to watch this. I want my time and money back. The movie has nothing good going for it. The writing is awful, the plot is ridiculous, the characters have no character (with a combination of uninteresting story or non existent story), the actors are cringeworthy and robotic, the action sequences offer nothing new or exciting and are rather bland, the main villain is pulled from a Looney Tunes cartoon, the pacing is non existent, the music is generic, the cinematography is nothing to write home about (though at least they didn't use closeups for the action scenes). The movie is a classical example of plot driven movie. As much as I want a healthy competition from marvel and DC movies, DC offers nothing but doodoo.

I paid 2 dollars to watch this. I want my time and money back. The movie has nothing good going for it. The writing is awful, the plot is ridiculous, the characters have no character (with a combination of uninteresting story or non existent story), the actors are cringeworthy and robotic, the action sequences offer nothing new or exciting and are rather bland, the main villain is pulled from a Looney Tunes cartoon, the pacing is non existent, the music is generic, the cinematography is nothing to write home about (though at least they didn't use closeups for the action scenes). The movie is a classical example of plot driven movie. As much as I want a healthy competition from marvel and DC movies, DC offers nothing but doodoo.

I think you liked it less than I did....and that's saying something :)

...You liked it then?

;)

Yep. At least you appreciated the warehouse fight scene!

Yep. At least you appreciated the warehouse fight scene!

I didn't really dislike Affleck as Batman either...but I don't dislike him as an actor in general...though I did not like him as Daredevil.

Since there have been multiple mentions of The Ultimate Edition being the more solid portrayal and therefore the film to watch, can we charge you a fine?

:baiting:

Yeah, with the ultimate edition available, why even watch the theatrical cut?

When you ground your teenagers for crashing the car or staying out too late, the only thing they're allowed to do is homework and watch Batman v Superman (theatrical) and Star Wars Eps 1 and 2.

When you ground your teenagers for crashing the car or staying out too late, the only thing they're allowed to do is homework and watch Batman v Superman (theatrical) and Star Wars Eps 1 and 2.

BvS TEd is still a treat in my book ;) It's just UEd is far superior. You crash the car and you get the first Hulk movie, followed by Star Wars Eps 1&2... on repeat!

BvS TEd is still a treat in my book ;) It's just UEd is far superior. You crash the car and you get the first Hulk movie, followed by Star Wars Eps 1&2... on repeat!

Ghost Rider 2 if your teenager knocks someone up or gets knocked up.

I'm struck by the passion of a few to just continue badmouthing this movie. I've watched both cuts several times now and really like it.

Wish it was split into two movies to capture more...but that's coming anyways!

I'm struck by the passion of a few to just continue badmouthing this movie. I've watched both cuts several times now and really like it.

Wish it was split into two movies to capture more...but that's coming anyways!

Why do you care if some people don't like it? As long as you loved it what's the difference? (shrug)

Guess this is a good place as any to drop this:

Looks like it's in theaters TODAY for one day only....then on DVD shortly thereafter.

Yup! That was pointed out in the thread about this film.

BATMAN: RETURN OF THE CAPED CRUSADERS (10/11/16)

:foryou:

Shucks....I thought I found something novel....lol.