• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Its official... Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

50 posts in this topic

Isn't there a mandate for the show that they won't have powers? At least, not Avengers / FF type powers since obviously there has to be a certain level of powers. But the main focus is on the human SHIELD agents.

Still, if it's a huge hit, I can see them expanding their horizons quickly, and even some of the major movie stars having walk-ons for an episode or two.

What characters in the Marvel universe is there no chance of though because of studio rights? Spider-Man only? Spidey villains and secondary characters as well like Venom, Green Goblin, MJ or Gwen?

Isn't there a mandate for the show that they won't have powers? At least, not Avengers / FF type powers since obviously there has to be a certain level of powers. But the main focus is on the human SHIELD agents.

Still, if it's a huge hit, I can see them expanding their horizons quickly, and even some of the major movie stars having walk-ons for an episode or two.

What characters in the Marvel universe is there no chance of though because of studio rights? Spider-Man only? Spidey villains and secondary characters as well like Venom, Green Goblin, MJ or Gwen?

As far I understand (altho Im not privy to any contract negotations) Marvel/Disney can use Spiderman and family, X-men and family if used in cartoons or TV format/medium. Has anyone else heard of this?

def looking forward to this as i saw the pilot in sdcc also and it does take place after avengers. Heck maybe coulson ends up being the vision as his life form died in avengers and they ended up porting his mind into an android body and he still thinks he's human!

I think it is makes more sense to speculate on this, rather than the countless TV news from independent publishers. Majority of those news is only about stuff being auctioned off, which is still way off an actual TV show.

Here we have a TV show that is about to air, backed by a well known and resourceful company and has a proven director manning the action. Yet, there is hardy speculation on this and the potential appearances of other marvel comic characters.

I will not be surprised to see Marvel leveraging on its huge library of characters to pull some into this show.

For example, episode 4 will probably star a villain called Flag Smasher. Granted, he will probably not be hot but already shows how easily this can be done.

I will be paying more attention to this than all those other TV news.

Anyone got any ideas how they will explain how Coulson is still alive after [spoilers] his death in the Avengers movie?

Has no one read any S.H.I.E.L.D. books? It was a Life Model Decoy that got stabbed by Loki!

Anyone got any ideas how they will explain how Coulson is still alive after [spoilers] his death in the Avengers movie?

1. After the Super Soldier serum was destroyed the military attempted to recreate it. Why wouldn't they?

2. One of those attemps was tried on a young enlistee named Philip Coulson.

3. Private Coulson didnt end up with Super Strength, but he did end up with some some enhanced recovery and decreased aging.

4. There's a shot in the Captain America Movie of a kid pretending to be Captain America (holding a Cap Shield painted garbage can lid) ans then getting called to dinner. That kid's name was Phil (go a google search for "Phil time for dinner" you'll see the video/images).

What if that was him? What if those were his Captain America cards from when he was a kid, not that he collected later on?

Phil Coulson is how old? :grin: He must have take the super soldier serum himself to have been a kid in the 40s and 30-40 years old in 2013.

For my Marvel No-Prize, maybe anyone who comes into contact or is close to Captain America automatically gets some of his longevity transferred to them. That would explain why so many Marvel heroes never age.

The show starts tonight :wishluck:

Btw, anyone looking for a show so good it ought to be a comic should try Sleepy Hollow. Very good stuff with more apocalyptic, four horsemen type stories.

+ 1 on Sleepy Hollow I watched it and was pleasantly surprised it was good.