• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Its official... Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

50 posts in this topic

According to wiki:

The acronym originally stood for Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division.

It was changed in 1991 to Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistics Directorate.

Within the various films set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as well as multiple animated and live-action television series, the acronym stands for Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division.

I guess they felt the original acronyms were too much of a mouthful. :grin:

I'm excited about this. Maybe some new characters will be developed, who knows ?

In reference to speculation, Battle Scars 1 was the book to have imho. It's Coulson's 1st appearance in continuity. Some people have called issue 6 his first appearance but it is just the first time they call him Coulson. It would be like saying Wolverine's 1st appearance in 181 or 180 cameo was not his 1st appearance if they hadn't called him Wolverine in the issues. These would instead be the 1st appearance of the guy who would become Wolverine lol

You might also look at Iron Man 2 Agents of Shield. I think this is his 1st appearance not in continuity. We also get to watch a semi rip of Fables every Sunday night in Once Upon a Time. I'm hoping they have guest appearance of the Avengers and other Marvel characters to tie in with their movies. How cool would that be ?

I'm really excited for this show. It can really open up a lot of cool stuff for a shared universe between the movies and tv. Plus, I'm going to need something to fill the empty void Breaking Bad will leave.

He is a Marvel character lol

Yup - the clone was the one who got killed. ;)

Seriously tho, I suspect the timeline will be pre-Avengers movie. Hopefully we will see cameos from Fury, Hawkeye & Black Widow.

Anyone got any ideas how they will explain how Coulson is still alive after [spoilers] his death in the Avengers movie?

1. After the Super Soldier serum was destroyed the military attempted to recreate it. Why wouldn't they?

2. One of those attemps was tried on a young enlistee named Philip Coulson.

3. Private Coulson didnt end up with Super Strength, but he did end up with some some enhanced recovery and decreased aging.

4. There's a shot in the Captain America Movie of a kid pretending to be Captain America (holding a Cap Shield painted garbage can lid) ans then getting called to dinner. That kid's name was Phil (go a google search for "Phil time for dinner" you'll see the video/images).

What if that was him? What if those were his Captain America cards from when he was a kid, not that he collected later on?

In one of the trailers for the show, doesn't someone ask him, "Didn't you die?"

Yes, I think I read read in a inteview that the TV series is set after Avengers movie.

I vote that his LMD died or the Phil post Avengers movie is an android with his brain waves aka Vision.

Good call, maybe thats why he (Coulson) bypassed all security at Stark Towers and gained entry into the lower levels in Avengers movie. Not even Obadiah Stane could (see Iron Man 1 movie)

I think less Vision tho and more J.A.R.V.I.S, imo

In the trailer one of the characters says something to the effect of:

"I'm a level 6 agent, I know that Coulson died before the attacks in New York."

then Coulson emerges from the shadows and says "Welcome to level 7."

So the show takes place AFTER Avengers and Coulson Lives!