• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cheetah runs
4 4

585 posts in this topic

That 116 is a cool book, never seen it before!

It doesn't show up very often, but then, most of these don't. Once we get into the 120s, some of the books become very difficult to find in any grade.

This is why it is worthwhile to pay a premium for Edgar's books.

Jumbo101_zps16ec5aa3.jpg

This is a really cool collection of books. I lusted after this particular issue on Metropolis' site until I noticed it was no longer there recently. All other copies just looked washed out by comparison. Could be wrong, but I thought they had it graded as a 9.4. Impressive to see it come back as a 9.6.

There are qualities to this cover that look very Baker-esque. Glad it found a good home! (thumbs u

Wonderful Thread Cheetah - thanks for sharing - its now, for me, much easier to appreciate the Church covers, and why they have such a premium. On a serious note, do people now realise that Sheena was responsible for the decrease of animals in Africa - not Global Warming!

Someone, somewhere must have a count of her 'kills' - it would seem she single-handedly reduced Africa's number of big cats by 90%! lol

Keep them coming please (thumbs u :applause:

This is why it is worthwhile to pay a premium for Edgar's books.

Jumbo101_zps16ec5aa3.jpg

This is a really cool collection of books. I lusted after this particular issue on Metropolis' site until I noticed it was no longer there recently. All other copies just looked washed out by comparison. Could be wrong, but I thought they had it graded as a 9.4. Impressive to see it come back as a 9.6.

There are qualities to this cover that look very Baker-esque. Glad it found a good home! (thumbs u

The colors really pop on this one. Compared to my other copy, it is night and day with the Church book winning. FWIW, I'm glad you didn't pick it up!

Wonderful Thread Cheetah - thanks for sharing - its now, for me, much easier to appreciate the Church covers, and why they have such a premium. On a serious note, do people now realise that Sheena was responsible for the decrease of animals in Africa - not Global Warming!

Someone, somewhere must have a count of her 'kills' - it would seem she single-handedly reduced Africa's number of big cats by 90%! lol

Keep them coming please (thumbs u :applause:

I've always chuckled about the same thing. They aren't covers that translate well to the modern age.

We are the point where I consider the faded covers to be a thing of the past. The covers are brighter and more vibrant, but the books get less common in high grade.

Jumbo126.jpg