• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cheetah runs
4 4

585 posts in this topic

Thanks, guys. It's nice to get them all out there in one spot. I can't tell you what a thrill it was when I finally got 159 back in the mail.

Alright, now for some classic GGA. I managed to complete my run of Torchys thanks to some salesmanship by John Verzyl and a lucky find from Ted at Superworld.

Torchy1.jpg

Highest graded copy but an import from Canada. Very high grade for the PQ. I've never checked but assume it was an early-graded copy that was reholdered.

Torchy4_zpsa22d2e48.jpg

To finish it off, I found this sitting on Superworld's web site as a NM/NM+. I think Ted is a great guy but a graduate from the Steve Borock grading school he ain't. But you kinda expect it going in and pay accordingly.

FWIW, the CCA version of Torchy pales in comparison to her original style. Of course, now, we'd have 48GG boobs and a camel toe. I like the GGA the best.

Torchy16_zps1e943b54.jpg

Terrific again Cheetah - the first 6 covers are some of the most stunning I have seen for GGA.

The Sailor on #1 reminds me of Robert Mitchum!

Again, thanks for sharing. :applause:

I thought I would resurrect this thread. I've completed a few more runs, some of them lengthy, and thought I would show them off. I'll start with something small.

I've always thought that Brick Bradford contains more Alex Schomburg covers than CGC wants to given him credit for. I guess you can make up your own mind.

BrickBradford5_zps0065b079.jpg