• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cheetah runs
4 4

585 posts in this topic

I wondered whether you had it as it was on Metro's site for a while. Such intense colors!!!! :luhv:

Bonus Church copy I missed posting before.

Jumbo11296_zps49174f98.jpg

That is it for Sheena and her Jumbos.

Group shot? :popcorn:

I've yet to find a place big enough to spread them out that wasn't my driveway. Maybe some day.

I've yet to find a place big enough to spread them out that wasn't my driveway. Maybe some day.

Darn. Would be quite a sight!

If you did it several group photos, I could stitch them together in Photoshop.

All I can say Jeff is thanks for sharing your incredible collection with us! (worship)

I was an avid GGA collector between 2003 and 2010, but a good number of the Jumbo covers are new to me. They just never turned up when I was looking. It is so cool to see so many great books compiled into one collection! :applause:

It is offical. This is my favorite thread! I'll be all over this for a long time...

Totally envy you (yaeh, I know some say it is a sin)

What do I need to do to get added in your will. :devil: (only goofing around)

Ok, back to gazing at the beauties in this thread....

It is so cool to see so many great books compiled into one collection! :applause:

Ditto. :headbang:

Though it would be even better if that one collection was mine. (:

The Mile High copies of the later Jumbos seem to have gotten a lot more wear and tear than most of his books. I assume it is from either post-Church ownership or just poorer quality paper. There are some nice ones, though.

Jumbo148_zps8b951964.jpg

My favorite Jumbo covers are all from the beginning of the run and the end of the run -especially this one, 150, 155, and 156. I'm not sure whether those are all by Whitman; I don't think I'd heard of him prior to reading some of your posts.

It is so cool to see so many great books compiled into one collection! :applause:

Ditto. :headbang:

Though it would be even better if that one collection was mine. (:

You have a pretty amazing collection yourself! (thumbs u

By the way, I've never asked this before. How many Church books are in your collection?

The Mile High copies of the later Jumbos seem to have gotten a lot more wear and tear than most of his books. I assume it is from either post-Church ownership or just poorer quality paper. There are some nice ones, though.

My favorite Jumbo covers are all from the beginning of the run and the end of the run -especially this one, 150, 155, and 156. I'm not sure whether those are all by Whitman; I don't think I'd heard of him prior to reading some of your posts.

Those are all Maurice Whitman covers.

Almost all Fiction House covers (all titles save for Spirit) from Spring 1951 on are by Whitman.

Awesome!!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

You just won the Internet! (worship)