• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect Highlights

26 posts in this topic

Another ComicConnect auction closed last night and while I didn't bid on anything, I do think it was stronger than the last one. To anyone interested in the results, I put down some highlights:

History of DCU cover: $19,200

Adventure #384 cover: $8,311

Flash #193 cover: $9500

Human Torch #8 cover: $8,000 (after sitting on the site for YEARS at 9k)

Superman #213 cover: $10,055

World's Finest #182 cover: $11,201

Conan #167 cover: $7,632

I think the deal of the night was a Lee/Williams Iron Man dps for $1,750. I don't collect Lee, but those who do pay more than 2k for double page splashes.

The most surprising result was the Micronauts #36 title splash going for $2,600. I expected it to sell for less than half of that.

I think the deal of the night was a Lee/Williams Iron Man dps for $1,750. I don't collect Lee, but those who do pay more than 2k for double page splashes.

Perhaps that's because it was from a title that's not necessarily associated with that team.

I liked the Bolland Animal Man cover at 4500. and I thought the Wrightson Prelim cover went pretty high at 2700.

Which Animal Man?

I liked the Bolland Animal Man cover at 4500. and I thought the Wrightson Prelim cover went pretty high at 2700.

Which Animal Man?

There was a cover from an issue after the Morrison run. If it was from the Morrison I would have bid if I saw that it was only 4.5. then again, if it was from that run it will be well beyond that!

Malvin

It was AM #44. I remember seeing it on the Graphics Collectibles site last year for almost exactly the same price.

I guess that is about what it's worth then. Its true, the Morrison run would make it more desirable for me as well, but the quality of the art is not diminished. I'd call it a strong 2nd tier example out of the Bolland run, which was a pretty great run.

That Romita Spidey calendar piece sure got bid up at the end (4100). It was in 3 figures at the beginning of the day. Kind of 'meh' for me, the ink on vellum thing-- no pencils, no background, kind of unspontaneous look. Classic pose though.

not my favorite romita spidey piece either, but I'm sure someone is happy to own it. I am so far from an expert on romita spidey, but my view from a distance is that its getting tough to find a romita spidey example for any less

Here's the individual auction thanks to google.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=521149

I missed last night's auction, does anyone have any more highlights/ prices realized?

Which Animal Man?

There was a cover from an issue after the Morrison run. If it was from the Morrison I would have bid if I saw that it was only 4.5. then again, if it was from that run it will be well beyond that!

Malvin

I was the underbidder on that piece, only bid on it as I thought it was a reasonable price for a Bolland cover,

Most of the big stuff has been mentioned.

A nice Brunner Man-Thing cover (Fear 15) and an Anderson Strange Adventures cover (157) didn't make reserve. I didn't see what they got up to.

Donnelly pieces

Strange adventures cover was on eBay for 25k or more I think

A nice Brunner Man-Thing cover (Fear 15) and an Anderson Strange Adventures cover (157) didn't make reserve. I didn't see what they got up to.

Donnelly pieces

+1 to what Joe said. Dealers have been shopping their wares at Comic Connect, this is easier to ID as there are less OA lots.

Donnelly pieces

Good to know.

What's the range on Bolland Animal Man covers from the Morrison run these days?

Which Animal Man?

Malvin