• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

So I just watched episode 3, and I have come to the conclusion. The show is capped agents of shield, so we are going to get episodes of the agents of shield. Not the avengers . Sucks but I think I'm over it to I see a avenger which may be never lol

So did anyone else hear the "pump shotgun racking" mistake in the episode last night?

They knock the guy off the horse, he's holding a side by side break action shot gun on Coulson, and off camera you hear the shotgun rack like a pump gun.

It was so obvious I almost thought it was a Whedon intentional joke.

Yeah, I caught that too, C4F. Seems the foley artists were asleep at the wheel there.

Just a small example of this show's many problems.

I honestly don't remember what the second episode was about, but IMHO, the 3rd epi would have been better served as the 2nd episode. At least there was a guy with powers in the first episode, and then we see some amazing tech and a possible villain (!) being created in the 3rd.

I will give this show a season, but if things don't get better, I will drop this (the only prime-time TV I am watching at all) very quickly.

-slym

I really really want to like this show, but it has a definite Knight Rider, A-Team feel to it I can't seem to shake. Although having agents run around in wet dresses does help keep my attention! ;)

This show is begging for cancellation. The second week of the show they already lost a third of their original viewers. It is sinking fast. I do not enjoy it and consider it a chore and a favor to the comic community for watching.

In a sense, it is boring and misconceived.

I really really want to like this show, but it has a definite Knight Rider, A-Team feel to it I can't seem to shake. Although having agents run around in wet dresses does help keep my attention! ;)

You're joking right ?

This is nowhere near as good as the A-Team. :makepoint:

(or Knight Rider) :gossip:

Well the wife has already dropped the show from being recorded on the DVR and stopped watching it completely after the 2nd episode.

I watched the 3rd episode and liked it better then the 1st two; but I still don't feel that the show is in the must watch category and I'm starting to lose interest.

Psy

You're joking right ?

This is nowhere near as good as the A-Team. :makepoint:

(or Knight Rider) :gossip:

hm^^

Coulson getting flung around like a metal object by the Graviton sphere was interesting.

the Gravitron (as stated in the episode) manipulates gravity fields, not metals. [Were you implying that Coulson was a robot?]. In the climax we see both Coulson and the Dr Whatshisname get tossed around equally.

Well the wife has already dropped the show from being recorded on the DVR and stopped watching it completely after the 2nd episode.

I watched the 3rd episode and liked it better then the 1st two; but I still don't feel that the show is in the must watch category and I'm starting to lose interest.

Psy

The third episode didnt record for some reason. Maybe the girlfriend deleted it without me knowing.

I don't feel like I missed anything.

I probably enjoyed this episode more than the first two, but that's not saying much. My wife think its boring, and she's enough of a closet fangirl to sit through almost any comic movie (except for Ghost Rider 2, which was hellaciously bad).

Actually, I was watching this week's episode of Sleepy Hollow, and I remarked to her how stark the contrast was between the acting on that show between the three principle characters (the two sisters and Crane) compared to the actors on S.H.I.E.L.D. The last two episodes in particular of Sleepy Hollow have felt more developed, more grim, and oddly enough, more believable simply because of the quality of the acting (I could do without Orlando Jones though). The extended trailer for Almost Human also looked excellent, which should make for a fun Monday evening when the two shows are on back to back next month. Fox seems to understand that if you want to "sell" sci-fi, having quality actors is a must....wish ABC would get the memo.

I probably enjoyed this episode more than the first two, but that's not saying much. My wife think its boring, and she's enough of a closet fangirl to sit through almost any comic movie (except for Ghost Rider 2, which was hellaciously bad).

Actually, I was watching this week's episode of Sleepy Hollow, and I remarked to her how stark the contrast was between the acting on that show between the three principle characters (the two sisters and Crane) compared to the actors on S.H.I.E.L.D. The last two episodes in particular of Sleepy Hollow have felt more developed, more grim, and oddly enough, more believable simply because of the quality of the acting (I could do without Orlando Jones though). The extended trailer for Almost Human also looked excellent, which should make for a fun Monday evening when the two shows are on back to back next month. Fox seems to understand that if you want to "sell" sci-fi, having quality actors is a must....wish ABC would get the memo.

Best episode yet, but like you say that's not saying much. Also my wife has found watching Agents Of SHIELD boring, but loves Sleepy Hollow. lol

What Agents Of SHIELD seems to be is just a generic show based on twenty something's. So nothing special so far. I will continue to watch, and hope it get`s better.

Maybe it`s because I have become spoiled watching shows like Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Justified and Game of Thrones that now something like Agents Of SHIELD seems pedestrian? hm

I will try to stick it out for the whole season.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I didn't like Star Trek: TNG when it first came out... I'll give this series a chance to develop too. (shrug)

It needs to develop fast. I couldn't even get all the way through the 3rd episode. I enjoy watching ICarly with my nieces more.