• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

I thought the first few episodes of SHIELD were awful. I was only sticking with it because it's Marvel. It began ticking up, but the last episode was very well done. Finally the characters weren't annoying anymore! It's as if they had been paying attention to the complaints in the various reviews and the newly filmed material just had to catch up and be aired. Now I'm looking forward to this show.

Episode 6 was filmed before #1 aired. We are at the end of the pre-contract episodes, and see how they got better? Wait until epi 22! And then season 2...

;)

-slym

Psi, it isn't bad, it just isn't living up to its potential. That being said, I like it and am sticking with it. We got the first 6 episodes they filmed before the full-season contract was signed, and we saw marked improvement there from ep. #1 to #6. It really only can get better, and with feedback coming for almost two months, we are bound to see at least some of the things we are hoping for, such as epic battles (I'd like to see the SHIELD Helicarrier and maybe AIM or Hydra in a large-scale attack) and 2nd- & even 3rd-string heroes and villains making appearances.

I also agree about getting rid of Fitz and keeping Simmons (she is cute!) but it isn't gonna happen. I feel like that is a Whedon joke, having two people he can call one name.

-slym

She is cute, and I like my ladies brainy, so there's that.

Also, Whedon has a habit of killing off characters, so. . .

(pours a little out of his cup for Wash)

Yes, keep the girl scientist, kill the guy off, and then we'll care even more for Simmons sans Fitz...maybe...

Still a C+ show until they get the tone right, but there's plenty of potential.

Dan

I thought the first few episodes of SHIELD were awful. I was only sticking with it because it's Marvel. It began ticking up, but the last episode was very well done. Finally the characters weren't annoying anymore! It's as if they had been paying attention to the complaints in the various reviews and the newly filmed material just had to catch up and be aired. Now I'm looking forward to this show.

Episode 6 was filmed before #1 aired. We are at the end of the pre-contract episodes, and see how they got better? Wait until epi 22! And then season 2...

;)

-slym

This.

As I've said elsewhere I see this series, hopefully, following the map that Fringe took - slow to take off but eventually becoming memorable.

As others have said the show only needs one scientist and it also only needs one tough guy/woman.

;)

-slym

Even better, then!

Do you think Vision is in his future?

When he "died" in The Avengers, I immediately thought that was what the plan was going to be with him (and if it's not, then Marvel would be missing a golden story opportunity, IMO). It's unlikely we'd see a Simon Williams origin for the character, as his backstory (rival of Tony Stark, the Wonder Man origin with Baron Zemo, brain patterns used for the Vision) is too complicated to use for the movie universe. Using Coulson's brain patterns for a movie universe Vision seems so tailor-made, it would almost be telegraphed if the movie audience wasn't primarily unaware of the Vision character to begin with.

Discussion for this week, in tags in case someone hasn't seen the episode tonight. . .

Interesting to see Victoria Hand.

I like angry Coulson.

Finally, some backstory on Skye. . .

Coulson not being able to access his own file. Hmmm. . .

Seeds planted.

So, what Level are Black Widow and Hawkeye here? Widow is a Level 10 in the Comics World. They have to be equal to or above Coulson, right?

Haven't watched this week's show, but thought it was worthy for a front page bump.

I haven`t watch it in three weeks now. I plan to catch up over the weekend with Comcast On Demand. Did I miss anything and has it improved since I last watched it?

Edited by ComicConnoisseur