• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Whatever the case there won't be a season 2.

:popcorn:

-slym

There will be a season 2 for sure... this is Disney free pass to keep the movies in minds of the fans (thumbs u

If the ratings keep declining (and they have) they won't throw good money after bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agents_of_SHIELD#Episodes

Besides the show isn't getting good reviews if anything it could damage the brand.

Whatever the case there won't be a season 2.

:popcorn:

There will be a season 2 for sure... this is Disney free pass to keep the movies in minds of the fans (thumbs u

If the ratings keep declining (and they have) they won't throw good money after bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agents_of_SHIELD#Episodes

Besides the show isn't getting good reviews if anything it could damage the brand.

It is your surety that there absolutely will not be a second season, with only 7 of 22 episodes of season 1 having been seen, that made me respond.

Let's give the rest of the season a chance first, howsabout? If by episode 15 it is just as under-achieving as it has for most of the first 7 episodes, then there will be plenty of people agreeing with your above sentiment. But it is possible this show could turn around and start kicking . Give it a chance.

:foryou:

-slym

So after seeing Thor my wife and I decided to get caught up on the show. I'm just not all that interested. It feels like a very shallow look at the Universe. It also just make me wonder what could have been if Marvel still had the rights to all their properties.

I also wish they weren't trying to cater to everyone. Make a quality show.

I'll keep watching because it is a Marvel product and I have hope it'll be good, but it isn't my favorite show of the week like I'd hoped.

You know the show would have been better if they were Chasing the Dog that was left at the end of Thor! Trying to stop that thing. That would have made a good connection and funny as hell. Too bad we are not writting the show.

I am giving it a chance. I really am. but I keep hoping for better. I mean what do they want to do? People watch the show. But after you just give us relics, and small story ideas, its not even X-files.

Producers have something up their sleeve, but the point is, it needs to be explained or the Colston and Skye hidden story is going to get lame.

Disney and ABC will put their foot down when the ratings get to the point where they are not happy. But as of now its not right now. They know something we dont. Yes, give the show a shot. But Putting alot of Effort into it is getting bland. after 7 episodes the characters sill feel bland.

I am trying, I really am. Lets see were we are at at Episode 15. Hope they do something.

I don't like the show, too much sappy drama, not enough action, no cross continuity, the tie-in seemed lame. The wonder twins are lame.

But I looked last night, there is no other show on at that time that is interesting.

My favorite person is still "the calvary" ..I just don't care if any of the others fall out of a plane. Well, maybe not the car, I liked the car.

I agree the tie in was lame. Repeating that well scene ad nauseum might have just given me a reason to stop trying to watch.

At least the male wonder twin has quieted a bit. I wish they'd follow Ward's advice and shut up. I might enjoy it more as a silent feature.

Arrow is much better.

I had high expectations for the "tie-in" episode and I was sorely disappointed. Besides a quick flashback of the battle of Greenwich (BTW - with all the characters faces missing, just a torso here, a hammer there, a scene of Asgard) there's no continuity. There's a whole Marvel universe out there and all that we've seen to date is a cameo from Nick Fury and Maria Hill there's nothing. It's less like Marvel comics universe and more like X-Files, but in this case it's a bunch of misfits searching for dangerous extraterrestrial stuff.

The lameness factor is peaking at a 9 just about now.

It would be more interesting if Coulson's team were unique in some way, either by their purpose or abilities. Why would Fury give Coulson (one of his personal favorite and best agents) a special plane and hand-picked team to just work cases that any SHIELD team could do?

I mean, I do like the idea that SHIELD agents are the blue-collar, normal human, behind-the-scenes joes that work in an extra-ordinary world angle, but a) they don't really do a good job of portraying this (MiB did it better) and b) the team just seems to meander around without much overriding purpose (X-Files did a nice job or balancing weekly cases and mythology episodes).

At the end of the day, they're presenting it like a kids/family show, and therein lies its inherent problem -- the characters and story just aren't deep enough.

At the end of the day, they're presenting it like a kids/family show, and therein lies its inherent problem -- the characters and story just aren't deep enough.

Agreed. I don't care if Coulson turns out to be The Vision - he'll just be The Vision babysitting a bunch of annoying kids. It won't be enough to redeem this show because the entire premise and casting were horribly ill-conceived. :facepalm:

142905.jpg.c9b9fa47dde74fac54a79241b814aceb.jpg