• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Should I be ashamed that IDK who Victoria Hand is?

We are getting a SPB next week - the same guy from epi. 1, however. It would be nice to see some existing c- and even b-list characters show up in this show. Or the Helicarrier. AIM & HYDRA.

I know, I know, I seem to be asking too much.

:(

If some random D list Marvel character turns up that will make all the difference in how good the show is?

The show is actually improving each week - I think the addition of some D-listers would get the comic geeks stoked just by having some of comic continuity brought in.

Right now, everyone's personalities have toned down and are settling into established norms, rather than the over-expositional performances they initially had.

The scientists are even less annoying, which I wasn't sure was possible - but they managed to settle them down. Now we just need a crisis on a beach, so we can get Simmons in a bikini.

I agree wholeheartedly!

:headbang:

-slym (is totally smitten with Elizabeth Henstridge)

...this A-team "villain of the week" stuff is boring.

I'm conflicted with that statement.

The Battlestar fan in me agrees. However, the Star trek: TNG fan in me disagrees. I like villain of the week stuff, but I also like season-wide story arcs that play to a larger end...

Should I be ashamed that IDK who Victoria Hand is?

We are getting a SPB next week - the same guy from epi. 1, however. It would be nice to see some existing c- and even b-list characters show up in this show. Or the Helicarrier. AIM & HYDRA.

I know, I know, I seem to be asking too much.

:(

If some random D list Marvel character turns up that will make all the difference in how good the show is?

The show is actually improving each week - I think the addition of some D-listers would get the comic geeks stoked just by having some of comic continuity brought in.

Right now, everyone's personalities have toned down and are settling into established norms, rather than the over-expositional performances they initially had.

The scientists are even less annoying, which I wasn't sure was possible - but they managed to settle them down. Now we just need a crisis on a beach, so we can get Simmons in a bikini.

I agree wholeheartedly!

:headbang:

-slym (is totally smitten with Elizabeth Henstridge)

I also find her rather attractive. She has an Emma Watson type of look.

I also thought it was a good episode. Finally we see someone with some super strength on the team. I did clue in to something as I watched this show develop and that is:

We all have been hoping to see a cameo, or the introduction of some characters from the marvel universe, but it has dawned on me that we are extremely unlikely to see anything more than we already have due to MOvies. Marvel will reserve all of their characters for Movies instead of TV.

We all have been hoping to see a cameo, or the introduction of some characters from the marvel universe, but it has dawned on me that we are extremely unlikely to see anything more than we already have due to MOvies. Marvel will reserve all of their characters for Movies instead of TV.

Exactly.

They want to keep the movies special, an event. This series is meant to provide a sort of context.

Nobody drives a car like that in real life. Can anybody actually keep their hands still when fake driving?

Agents Of SHIELD is supposed to represent real life? I must live in the wrong place.

I also thought it was a good episode. Finally we see someone with some super strength on the team. I did clue in to something as I watched this show develop and that is:

Spot on.

Except Paste Pot Pete. Paste Pot Pete will appear in the final episode as the mastermind behind everything and all the internet fanboys will spontaneously com-bust through excessive uncontrollable jizzing.

I thought this week was the most solid episode yet.

Good story, plus the actors and writers are "finding" the characters little by little.

I agree - definitely the best episode yet, a solid B+. They kept the annoying bits to a minimum and there was some good action, a recurring enemy who isn't just a "monster of the week", and a multi-part storyline. It'll take more than one decent episode to get the show out of the doghouse for me, and I'm not kidding myself that it'll be able to crack into the A- or A level of quality given its off-target premise and how it reads to a younger audience, but I was pleasantly surprised to not find myself :facepalm: in annoyance while watching last night. :golfclap: