• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Judy and I are watching the Pilot right now (...a little late to the party....) and we LOVE it so far. I was sure that Mike was Luke Cage for a while. I went in with low expectations and am pleasantly surprised. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Judy and I are watching the Pilot right now (...a little late to the party....) and we LOVE it so far. I was sure that Mike was Luke Cage for a while. I went in with low expectations and am pleasantly surprised. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The pilot was one of the top episodes.

It`s a hit or miss with this show.

I am glad you like it. (thumbs u

Tonight's episode was a filler to me. Just didn't grab my interest

Yep, pedestrian. After a good Season 2 Premiere it has regressed. Like I said before there really is not that one interesting character you would tune in each week to see.

I was hoping The Absorbing Man would be that cool interesting character I would be tuning in to see more of. Last week's episode was ok but no Creel ???

I hope to see him again soon as we know things are not over for his character by any means yet!

:headbang:

Tonight's episode was a filler to me. Just didn't grab my interest

Yep, pedestrian. After a good Season 2 Premiere it has regressed. Like I said before there really is not that one interesting character you would tune in each week to see.

I was hoping The Absorbing Man would be that cool interesting character I would be tuning in to see more of. Last week's episode was ok but no Creel ???

I hope to see him again soon as we know things are not over for his character by any means yet!

:headbang:

The previews for the next episode are not grabbing me at all. May and Coulson go to some event and they end up doing the tango.

I am a busy guy, and I want the few shows I do watch to be high quality. AoS is losing me.

People Seem to want Avengers Quality on a TV budget.

No, but I want to watch a story that is interesting. Did anything actually happen last week?

There was some important overall plot development... We now know what Simmons is up to (and that will lead to some very interesting revelations I'm sure). hm

I can see they are strategically putting the elements in place to build up to some very cool reveals in the shows to come. I'm not giving up on this show.

Besides i still love seeing how they took a side character like Coulson who was just supposed ot be a linking character and (with the help of great fan support) turned him into the Director of SHIELD!!

The only thing better would have been if they made him The Vision! :cloud9: But Director will do just fine. (thumbs u

I am very into the show and finally caught up last night on the last episode. I'm really enjoying the build of the show and how it is going to lead into the movies. I guarantee Avengers 2 will be very tied to it.

It's a TV show and not a movie so im more understanding on how things take time to take shape.

People Seem to want Avengers Quality on a TV budget.

No, but I want to watch a story that is interesting. Did anything actually happen last week?

+1

If your use to watching quality stuff like True Detective, Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men and Breaking Bad, then your going to find Agents of Shield an average show at best. 2c

Okay, get rid of Ward. Same with the Brits. Make sure Skye keeps her hair down. Her melon head is too big otherwise. That's enuff for a start.

What`s wrong with the show that nobody talks about is Coulson seems to be boring. He was great in the Marvel movies, but comes off as a goody two shoe dullard here. :o Imagine if Nick Fury was leader of the show, instead of Coulson ?

It not only would be more interesting, but the ratings would be higher.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Marvel knows what people want, every movie will cross-over some what with the show, and they will likely continue to get stronger and stronger overlap. Starting out characters like Mockingbird on the show will help that as well.

If people want to know the future of the show, look at Whedon's other juggernaut Buffy. Just like that, Shield has started out with a good base/core rating and will continue to grow to cult status. Each movie overlap will continue to pull people in, and dont be surprised if they eventually even throw in a shwarma type scene of the Agents cast into a movie.

Given that the Avengers dont even know Coulson is alive, and what a big part he had to play in Avengers 1 (in terms of importance), and that he is now acting head of Shield, that guarantee above is pretty darn valid. At the very least, Coulson will be the connecting piece between the AV2 and Agents.

Oh yah, and the Kree are being built up through the show and Ms Marvel, Inhumans, etc, all coming and that's even more crossover. The list goes on and on, its endless.

I still think the obelisk is the Psyche-magnitron core, her dad is probably a Pink Kree, and she's a hybrid.

Marvel knows what people want, every movie will cross-over some what with the show, and they will likely continue to get stronger and stronger overlap. Starting out characters like Mockingbird on the show will help that as well.

If people want to know the future of the show, look at Whedon's other juggernaut Buffy. Just like that, Shield has started out with a good base/core rating and will continue to grow to cult status. Each movie overlap will continue to pull people in, and dont be surprised if they eventually even throw in a shwarma type scene of the Agents cast into a movie.

Given that the Avengers dont even know Coulson is alive, and what a big part he had to play in Avengers 1 (in terms of importance), and that he is now acting head of Shield, that guarantee above is pretty darn valid. At the very least, Coulson will be the connecting piece between the AV2 and Agents.

Oh yah, and the Kree are being built up through the show and Ms Marvel, Inhumans, etc, all coming and that's even more crossover. The list goes on and on, its endless.

I still think the obelisk is the Psyche-magnitron core, her dad is probably a Pink Kree, and she's a hybrid.

I will make a prediction in that it doesn`t have a season three. The ratings are terrible, and this will be Marvel`s first failure. They will cut the cord on this, and concentrate on Agent Carter. IMHO.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I will make a prediction in that it doesn`t have a season three. The ratings are terrible, and this will be Marvel`s first failure. They will cut the cord on this, and concentrate on Agent Carter. IMHO.

Agent Carter will be awesome, and they arent going to stop at two shows either. I'll make sure to bump this for you when season three starts, and each year going forward after that ;)

The ratings are just fine, and its only beat by staples on its day/time slot. It's not going anywhere for a long long time.

October 15th:

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (9-10pm – 4.6 million and 1.6/5 in AD18-49): Building on its lead-in at 9pm against NBC’s The Voice-fueled comedy premieres (Marry Me debut/About a Boy premiere) and CBS’ NCIS: New Orleans, ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was up over the prior week’s Fast Affiliate number in Total Viewers (+5% - 4.6 million vs. 4.4 million) and held steady with Adults 18-49 (1.6/5). S.H.I.E.L.D. won its hour among key Men (M18-34/M18-49).