• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Hey all --

Overall B+ from me.

The writing at the beginning was clunky and forced (one conversation between Coulson and May literally sounded like two people reading a -script), but by the second half it all came together pretty well. Crusher Creel was fun, the theft of the aircraft felt necessary, and the surprising realization that Fitz had *really* lost his mind was nicely done.

Dan

Hey all --

Overall B+ from me.

The writing at the beginning was clunky and forced (one conversation between Coulson and May literally sounded like two people reading a -script), but by the second half it all came together pretty well. Crusher Creel was fun, the theft of the aircraft felt necessary, and the surprising realization that Fitz had *really* lost his mind was nicely done.

Dan

Agreed, this was a good episode to start the season off with (thumbs u

Crusher Creel Rocked!

Glad to see one of my fav Villains brought to life.

When he started swingin that ball and chain around I was waving my JIM 114 in my wife's face yelling "see, see, that's the Absorbing Man!! From right here March 1965."

Yah I know I geeked out but it was worth it.

It was fun to get that excited at home watching a TV show.

I really hope he sticks around for a bit this season to cause lots of trouble!!

:cloud9:

Yep i geeked out to my wife too. :banana: Creel was great

Crusher Creel Rocked!

When he started swingin that ball and chain around I was waving my JIM 114 in my wife's face yelling "see, see, that's the Absorbing Man!! From right here March 1965."

Too bad he didn't act (or talk) like Creel. Would've loved if he had just started going on a rampage. Still, good to see a cool villain show up.

i think its goofy when people chase villain books, I suppose at least he is in multiple episodes before he is killed/imprisoned/forgotten. villain books are always ones you want to sell into hype, not buy into. Considering he was announced months ago, its not like anyone should be surprised.

Heros that become permanently better known/more mainstream than the past, that's the kind of books people should be focusing on. But hey, the longer the masses arent looking, the longer they stay cheap :)

Crusher Creel Rocked!

Too bad he didn't act (or talk) like Creel. Would've loved if he had just started going on a rampage. Still, good to see a cool villain show up.

Did you get those Thor books that talked to you as well? They were scary.

Crusher Creel Rocked!

I'm sure Creel will be back. They gotta do the classic absorbing man defeat where he's in the water and mistakenly absorbs the water. Any other villains from the "wrecking crew" you want to see?

Crusher Creel Rocked!

I'm sure Creel will be back. They gotta do the classic absorbing man defeat where he's in the water and mistakenly absorbs the water. Any other villains from the "wrecking crew" you want to see?

Absorbing Man was never in the Wrecking Crew.

:shy:

He did join the Masters of Evil with his girlfriend Titania.

You are confusing Creel with Thunderball from the Wrecking Crew, and it is easy to see why.

Crusher Creel Rocked!

Absorbing Man was never in the Wrecking Crew.

:shy:

He did join the Masters of Evil with his girlfriend Titania.

You are confusing Creel with Thunderball from the Wrecking Crew, and it is easy to see why.

I was going by memory and could have sworn that he was part of the Wrecking Crew.

My bad

Easy to see why... Both the Wrecking Crew and the Absorbing Man gain their powers via the Norse Gods (Loki).

Both also belong to Baron Helmut Zemo's Masters of Evil in a multi-issue storyline titled "Avengers Under Siege"

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/mastershelmut.htm

I know Tom Hiddleston had said he wouldn't mind a cameo on Shield. Introducing the Wrecker through that would be awesome. Never really thought about it, but Shield is a great medium to introduce some of these iconic, but not quite movie worthy villains into a live action setting. Though of course then seeing them appear in say Thor 3 wold be pretty neat.

To echo some others here, for the first half of the episode I debated dropping the whole series; trying too hard on the secrets/espionage/conspiracy stuff. A couple shows I know start off good and interesting and then buried themselves in their own mythology and convoluted plot twists.

The second half really pulled me back in. Finally some people with special powers and extra terrestrial objects doing crazy things.

I'm not that much of a Marvel historian, so is the big baddie reveal at the end mean anything to anyone?

No discussion of Tuesday's episode yet? What's going on?

My favorite moment was the slow motion bullet bouncing off Crusher Creel's head.

My least favorite moment was when Crusher Creel started talking. I've always pictured him with a gravely voice. The actor playing Creel looks great but his voice didn't seem right to me.