• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

When this show has some actual Marvel superheroes on it, let me know.

Until then...*yawn*.

Peace,

Chip

I really think you are missing out Chip. It's a good and fun show. I'm loving how it's all going to tie into the movies.

I really think you are missing out Chip. It's a good and fun show. I'm loving how it's all going to tie into the movies.

Yah, its going to tie in a lot stronger then people realize I think.

I wasn't saying that comment in a vacuum. :) I've tried to watch several past episodes since (and including) the premiere and was bored silly. I watched the recent episode with "Mockinbird" in it. I use the quotations because had I not known it was her on Agents of Shield it looked like some generic cop/spy/action show. This should could be interchanged with a "Mission Impossible" show or a "Bourne Identity" show and no one could tell the difference.

There's nothing about the show that says Marvel except for a few name-drops here and there. It's a huge disappointment IMHO.

Peace,

Chip

It's a huge disappointment IMHO.

That depends what sort of expectations you built for yourself. The show was never meant to be super-heroes blasting each other, that was stated from the beginning.

It is, after all, a Joss Whedon show, set in the Marvel universe.

The trailer for the show before its pilot was, "not all heroes are super"...

It is in fact meant to be like a cop/spy show, which crosses back and forth into the MCU, both feeding off of it, and contributing to it.

I think its been absolutely outstanding from day 1 imho

Edited by CBT

Yah, its going to tie in a lot stronger then people realize I think.

It will tie in, but will be just back story to the events in the movies. Nothing that happens on this show is going to be required viewing if you see one of the movies. This show is basically "World War Hulk Aftermath" to a movie's "World War Hulk". Interesting to the die hard, but far from required (and in some cases compelling) viewing.

Edited by rjrjr

Obviously they can't make it required, but it will be more than just that, as to know why or how certain things are, it will be the only place to go.

Coulson as director of Shield, and back from the Dead for instance, already good examples.

New stuff will be even bigger likely.

I guess Ward is beyond redemption now...:(

and what's up with Sky's Dad, is he a bad guy, or a good guy pretending to be bad. He's on the "Good Wife", to, so I'm getting him confused with his other character;)

i think her dad just wants to kill the guy for he did to his wife. which i think would cause him to go from good guy to bad guy.

I guess Ward is beyond redemption now...:(

and what's up with Sky's Dad, is he a bad guy, or a good guy pretending to be bad. He's on the "Good Wife", to, so I'm getting him confused with his other character;)

i think her dad just wants to kill the guy for he did to his wife. which i think would cause him to go from good guy to bad guy.

lol...and there I was, figuring it made him go from "bad" guy, to "good"

guy.

I still wanted Ward to be a super secret triple agent

Is that another Marvel character I don't know? I'll admit it, I think I've passed SA/GA DC 101, but anything newer than SA Marvel, I'm a dunce;)

I tried googling "Deviant" and I decided it might be better NOT to click the links;)

From the Eternals comic book.

The genetic experiments of the Celestials created Humans, Eternals and Deviants. The Deviants have an extremely unstable genome and look extremely dissimilar to each other, often mutated into quite monstrous forms.

Is that another Marvel character I don't know? I'll admit it, I think I've passed SA/GA DC 101, but anything newer than SA Marvel, I'm a dunce;)

I tried googling "Deviant" and I decided it might be better NOT to click the links;)

From the Eternals comic book.

The genetic experiments of the Celestials created Humans, Eternals and Deviants. The Deviants have an extremely unstable genome and look extremely dissimilar to each other, often mutated into quite monstrous forms.

Thanks, Paul :foryou:

that's a nice, simple, understandable explanation for a DC dunce;)

All in all,l am enjoying the shows. I don't usually watch so much TV, but I've been finding the 3 series entertaining:)

Season 1 Agents of SHIELD showed up on Netflix and I have to say it's really good. I'm up tp the part that ties in with the Cap movie and the series' continuity is starting to solidify nicely. :popcorn:

I sampled a couple of episodes when it first aired and wasn't impressed. Maybe being commercial-free allows the storyline to flow better, or not waiting a week to continue ups the pacing. Whatever the reason it's MUCH better than I expected. :applause: