• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

I will admit that both Fitz and Simmons grew on me over these last 8 episodes or so...the scene where he gives her the air mask and can't quite say "I love you" and she's crying about their plight was quite poignant (it reminded me of a scene from the movie 'The Abyss', which I haven't thought about in forever.)

That said, if there's only going to be one scientist, they made the right call. She's quirky cute, seems a solid actress, and has an adorable accent.

Dan

I really hope Fitz is written out now :wishluck:

I don't know, Fitz kinda grew on me. Its a shame they write him out of the series by turning him into a vegetable, or at least, that's what I got out of it.

I didn't really like any of the characters in the beginning, but all of them improved as the season went on. I'd say that May made the most progress in winning me over, and I'd probably put Fitz second, so I agree that it would be a shame to cast him aside now.

For me, Skye is still the weakest character in the show; she just gives off a vibe that makes you feel like you're watching a teen drama on the CW every time she's on-screen. I'm also not convinced about Triplett as Ward's apparent replacement (didn't think that either character was particularly interesting this season except for Ward's turn at the end).

I really enjoyed this season and that was a fun finale.

So many questions to ask but lots of cool scenes in this episode. Funny stuff too.

I wonder what the last scene was about and who that is...

I'm looking forward to Agents of Shield and Agent Carter in the Fall.

I heard Agent Carter will take place in the 1940s,so we get to see the Howlers.

(thumbs u

All the characters have improved considerably, IMHO. I'm still having a tough time believing Coulson is a badass. Even when he struck the pose at the end of the show, it looked like someone posing like a tough-guy. I guess it'll take a while to washout my memory of him playing the loser dad on the "other christine" or whatever that sit-com I first saw him was called.

I do agree that May has improved a LOT, but I also think that Sky has gotten better. She seems to be feeling more comfortable in her skin (and the role in general) and also has toughened up - evident by how she acted when she stood up to Ward when she knew he could have killed her.

I really enjoyed this season and that was a fun finale.

So many questions to ask but lots of cool scenes in this episode. Funny stuff too.

I wonder what the last scene was about and who that is...

I'm looking forward to Agents of Shield and Agent Carter in the Fall.

I heard Agent Carter will take place in the 1940s,so we get to see the Howlers.

(thumbs u

And Haylee Atwell. :cloud9:

it'll be awesome if they have and arc that starts in agent carter show and ends in on shield.

Like it starts a story back in the 1940s and that case is unresolved.. then 70+ years in the future, the AoS team figures it all out and closes the case?

Could be cool. not sure it would be worth it. Might seem forced.

it'll be awesome if they have and arc that starts in agent carter show and ends in on shield.

Like it starts a story back in the 1940s and that case is unresolved.. then 70+ years in the future, the AoS team figures it all out and closes the case?

it could be something like a case file that hyda is working on in the 40's but everybody thinks is shield that's working on it, an 70+ years later the same events are happening with Hyda being behind it. making the team look into the case file and realizing it was thing so much bigger.

You mean like Hydra? :taptaptap:

You mean like Hydra? :taptaptap:

I was referring to anything other than Hyrda. Hydra will be the easy go to plot-line from here on out.

I will admit that both Fitz and Simmons grew on me over these last 8 episodes or so...the scene where he gives her the air mask and can't quite say "I love you" and she's crying about their plight was quite poignant (it reminded me of a scene from the movie 'The Abyss', which I haven't thought about in forever.)

That said, if there's only going to be one scientist, they made the right call. She's quirky cute, seems a solid actress, and has an adorable accent.

Dan

I never, ever, ever ever ever thought I would like those two characters and after the first few episodes, I was pleading that they would be given the Red Shirt treatment and killed on an away mission.

The past few episodes, and between Fitz having misplaced faith in Ward and his unrequited feelings towards Simmons really turned the characters around for me, to the point that I don't want them to be gone from the show. Crazy.

Yeah, I agree with all that.

It's a little like some annoying kid on the playground who sometimes can be funny and sweet...just when you say, "I'm so glad he's gone!" you actually miss having him around. I thought both actors deserve some kudos for making us care about them by the end.

Dan

Any good theories on who Skye's parents are? I was hoping for some good theories. The Inhuman thread is interesting. Anyone think the Kree blood is the new Teragen Mist that creates Inhumans?

Ha ha! I'll ask them next week when a bunch of them are here for Comicpalooza. I might get a SHIELD shirt, and have a small Hydra symbol put on the back.

The other character with a Kree connection (though not actually Kree) is Mantis. There may be a lot of people looking for her, and it would tie in with Guardians. That's a possibility, I suppose, but what are the similarities between Skye and Raina?

Also, I re-watched the episode and the drawings could be a planetary map.

The theme for Season Two of AOS is "Evolution"... so that ties in with all the Inhuman theories floating around... (Especially since Mutants are off the table.)

I thought both actors deserve some kudos for making us care about them by the end.

Dan

Absolutely. I think it's great that they managed to bring their characters around - that's the kind of acting that holds up a TV show.

Any good theories on who Skye's parents are? I was hoping for some good theories. The Inhuman thread is interesting. Anyone think the Kree blood is the new Teragen Mist that creates Inhumans?

Knowing how much that show likes to name drop, I bet they haven't figured it out yet, but are keeping it open-ended so they can work an established character into the spots. I was hoping for a hint, too.

Personally, I'm thinking Skye's character is going to be an original one that they can cross-promote in the comics. Build her up on TV and drive the audience to another medium. Marketing-wise, I think that's a solid move, even though most comic die-hards will resist it.

Personally, I'm thinking Skye's character is going to be an original one that they can cross-promote in the comics. Build her up on TV and drive the audience to another medium. Marketing-wise, I think that's a solid move, even though most comic die-hards will resist it.

If she is Inhuman, then I agree.