• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most CGC copies you own of one book.

105 posts in this topic

i think that i've somehow managed to amass a readers copy and 5 slabbed copies of everyone's fave - IH #181. think there's 2 8.5's, 2 9.0's and one 9.2 that i bought raw and had slabbed.

never set out to own that many and not sure how this all came about. bought a wolverine collection and got one, bought a hulk collection and got another, bought the 9.2 on spec and made out pretty good. may actually have only a few other comic CGC dupes in total...............

I've had 5 copies of Harbinger 0 pink CGC 9.8 white in total, with 4 in my possession at one time. I currently have two. I tend to give them away to solictors who come to my door asking for money/salvation/cookies.

All sent into CGC by me.

I've had 5 copies of Harbinger 0 pink CGC 9.8 white in total, with 4 in my possession at one time. I currently have two. I tend to give them away to solictors who come to my door asking for money/salvation/cookies.

All sent into CGC by me.

... and where do you live? hi.gif

I have 13 copies of X-Men #283, all slabbed at 9.8. I also have 9 copies of New Mutants #87 slabbed at 9.6. The most I have ever owned was Amazing Spiderman #129 that at one time I owned 30 slabbed copies.

The AS 129 was my favorite comic, that is why I bought them all, but I could not resist the movie hype to sell devil.gif As for the NM and X, not really sure, I just went through a crazy bit and bought all that came onto Ebay insane.gif

I have a couple of questions for the CGC collectors out there.

1.) Which one, single book do you own the most CGC copies of?

I own 5 copies of Amazing Spider-Man #300 (4 - 9.6's, and 1 - 8.5).

I also own 3 copies of X-Men #137 (1 - 9.8 and 2 - 9.2's), and 3 copies of Action Comics #252 (2 - 6.0's and 1 - 4.5).

2.) What is your least valuable CGC book? This means that if you sat on it and completely ruined the casing and the book, you could care less.

Star Wars # 1 (Reprint) CGC 8.5 - For some odd reason when I sent this book to be graded, I thought it would come back a 9.4 original. The casing is probably worth more than the book itself.

X-Men #162 CGC 5.5 - This book was damaged during shipping to CGC. It's the lowest graded copy for that book by far.

I would be willing to donate these 2 books for slab experimentation if someone pays $5 shipping for shipping. insane.gif

As a matter of fact, I've been trying to get a few CGC holders to my own nefarious purposes, as you've hinted at, and if you're serious about giving them up for shipping, drop me a PM, and I'll gladly pay for the shipping.

I recently bought the CHEAPEST GCG-graded book I could find on eBay for 'examination and testing', and had somone donate an opened holder to me, all for some research I want to do on the whole GCG 'phenomenon'. So, by all means, I'd take you up on your offer! insane.gif

I recently bought the CHEAPEST GCG-graded book I could find on eBay for 'examination and testing', and had somone donate an opened holder to me, all for some research I want to do on the whole GCG 'phenomenon'. So, by all means, I'd take you up on your offer! insane.gif

I have an action #1 2.5 going real cheap and I will throw in the case and label as well. thumbsup2.gif

I have a couple of questions for the CGC collectors out there.

1.) Which one, single book do you own the most CGC copies of?

I own 5 copies of Amazing Spider-Man #300 (4 - 9.6's, and 1 - 8.5).

I also own 3 copies of X-Men #137 (1 - 9.8 and 2 - 9.2's), and 3 copies of Action Comics #252 (2 - 6.0's and 1 - 4.5).

2.) What is your least valuable CGC book? This means that if you sat on it and completely ruined the casing and the book, you could care less.

Star Wars # 1 (Reprint) CGC 8.5 - For some odd reason when I sent this book to be graded, I thought it would come back a 9.4 original. The casing is probably worth more than the book itself.

X-Men #162 CGC 5.5 - This book was damaged during shipping to CGC. It's the lowest graded copy for that book by far.

I would be willing to donate these 2 books for slab experimentation if someone pays $5 shipping for shipping. insane.gif

As a matter of fact, I've been trying to get a few CGC holders to my own nefarious purposes, as you've hinted at, and if you're serious about giving them up for shipping, drop me a PM, and I'll gladly pay for the shipping.

O.K., send $5 to my e-mail address (which I've sent to you) via Paypal, and I'll ship the 2 books I mentioned. I hope that you'll share the results with the rest of the board members. Those 2 books deserve some punishment.

Hey skybolt,

I've sent you some PayPal action, along with a response to your e-mail. I'll most certainly share my 'CGC research' with people here on the forums, as this is a little project I've decided to embark upon.

Once I receive all my materials (comics in holders, open holder, etc.), I'm going to start a thread here to take requests from people not familiar with CGC's processes, so that I can address them as part of my research. I plan on submitting 2-3 comics as well shortly, so I can add that to the whole process as well.

With the current backlog in getting graded items back, I expect this to be a fairly long, ongoing project. I look at this as a bit of alternate fun to be had in the world of comics. So many debates are held about this whole process, and the effect it has on the collecting world, so I figured I would take a more in-depth look.

I do want to thank you for your contribution, and here's to the fun ahead! cloud9.gif

Hey skybolt,

I've sent you some PayPal action, along with a response to your e-mail. I'll most certainly share my 'CGC research' with people here on the forums, as this is a little project I've decided to embark upon.

Once I receive all my materials (comics in holders, open holder, etc.), I'm going to start a thread here to take requests from people not familiar with CGC's processes, so that I can address them as part of my research. I plan on submitting 2-3 comics as well shortly, so I can add that to the whole process as well.

With the current backlog in getting graded items back, I expect this to be a fairly long, ongoing project. I look at this as a bit of alternate fun to be had in the world of comics. So many debates are held about this whole process, and the effect it has on the collecting world, so I figured I would take a more in-depth look.

I do want to thank you for your contribution, and here's to the fun ahead! cloud9.gif

Thanks for the payment. The 2 CGC books will be shipped out this Saturday. My CGC collection will look a lot better once I get rid of those 2 dogs. headbang.gif

Hey Skybolt,

I received the 2 comics the other day in the mail. Thanks!

I'm going to take some high-resolution scans of them, as well as some photos with the camera, before I start into 'testing'. I'm planning on starting a new thread here soon, to try and make a small resource available to people considering CGC-graded books, and who are in need of some answers.

I just need to give the topic of the thread some thought, and then take suggestions from people about what should be looked at, and what tests they would like to see done. I guess a good question would be; should I start the thread here, or in the 'Grading and Restoration' forum?

Thoughts anyone? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif