• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks like the Corral is finally caput

31 posts in this topic

There were some nice guys there....... especially the ever awesome RedHook ...... I truly miss him. Someone's Governor needs to pardon him so he can return here. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Really overall the Coral was a great place.

I think they went South when they let Robo come stay at the place and a few other boardies just tending to dominate the board too much.

I met alot of great people there who for some reason or other just dont like this board and wont join it. I can understand that.

I think the comic community is worse off without the Coral though.

It would be worth it just to screw Charlton guy.

I joined the Corral because I heard a fellow named Charlton Guy was there. I figured it must be a board for hardcore comic fans therefore. Unfortunately Charlton Guy, Hoss and the other mods had lost interest by the time I joined and the board suffered from a dearth of posting in the last two and a half years. I guess Hoss just completely lost interest in keeping it going this summer. He basically never posted anymore anyway. I understand though that it was quite busy five years ago, and I don't understand why all the posting just dried up rather suddenly.

It's sad really.

:(

I think they went South when they let Robo come stay at the place....

Nonsense. It's clear you have a personal ax to grind on the subject but the facts just don't support the explanation you're offering. Posting had already dried up to a trickle by the time Robo joined last fall and he was a good poster, both interesting and polite to others, until Stupidman decided to get Robo to leave in any way he could including dragging every thread in which Robo participated into the mire. This caused them both to be suspended last March or so.

Without Robo, posting in the spring dried up to a trickle again. Members had just stopped posting.

I think they went South when they let Robo come stay at the place....

Nonsense. It's clear you have a personal ax to grind on the subject but the facts just don't support the explanation you're offering. Posting had already dried up to a trickle by the time Robo joined last fall and he was a good poster, both interesting and polite to others, until Stupidman decided to get Robo to leave in any way he could including dragging every thread in which Robo participated into the mire. This caused them both to be suspended last March or so.

Without Robo, posting in the spring dried up to a trickle again. Members had just stopped posting.

Robo was a pillar of that community? :popcorn:

I tried to get involved there but the discussions simply weren't lively and engaging. I just don't think the owners tried hard enough to make it so. They left it to rise or fall on the members alone.

Pillar? Well let's just say he was the stick that stirred the pot for a few months in late 2012/early 2013, which was a lot better than nothing happening at all.

;)

Pillar? Well let's just say he was the stick that stirred the pot for a few months in late 2012/early 2013, which was a lot better than nothing happening at all.

;)

Robo and Stu`s battles were legendary over at the Corral.

Yep, I agree with you that was a lot better than nothing happening at all.

(thumbs u

I wasn't going to buy anything from Robo and he is quite knowledgeable, so I found his perspective interesting. I liked seeing the scans Hepcat posted, but Stu always picked a fight with him so that became tedious to read. I left due to another member that quite literally had nothing interesting to talk about except me. If I posted, he posted. If I quit posting, he quit posting. For me the board was more entertaining to read if he didn't post. I solved that problem by personally not posting and giving him no reason to post.

DG

Meanwhile, I think I'll go back to discussing old comic books and let you go back to tut tutting about pictures such as the one in Hulk Smash's signature above.

What are you saying? The girl in my sig is too old for you? (shrug)

No. A gentleman would never say that about a woman. I just think her bra is too tight and restrictive that's all.

(shrug)

Meanwhile, I think I'll go back to discussing old comic books and let you go back to tut tutting about pictures such as the one in Hulk Smash's signature above.

What are you saying? The girl in my sig is too old for you? (shrug)

:gossip: That cat ain't so hep, man...

:lol:

-slym