• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Scans on Heritage

15 posts in this topic

I have to say that Heritage set the standard re. comic images - allowing the buyer to see the front and back covers with an excellent high resolution zoom option. Apart from jpthemint, are there any other sites that are so thorough in this respect?

I do wish other sites would follow suite. I dislike the idea of buying something I cannot really see. This post is prompted by a $2000+ book which I am interested in but cannot realistically buy on the basis of the warped sub-standard image presented. I should not have to chase the dealer to get what should be available up front.

Why don't dealers in general market their wares better through better images like Heritage - assuming their items in general could stand scrutiny. It would save everybody time and buyers (who may be shelling out serious $) will know better what they may be buying.

Alan

I have to say that Heritage set the standard re. comic images - allowing the buyer to see the front and back covers with an excellent high resolution zoom option.

Until a year or so ago the scans were even better. They started "bleaching" their scans and now many flaws are not visible. frown.gif

Until a year or so ago the scans were even better. They started "bleaching" their scans and now many flaws are not visible. frown.gif

Have to agree completely. In the past 5 to 6 months there grading has been very loose and you just cant make it out on the scan.

Have to agree completely. In the past 5 to 6 months there grading has been very loose and you just cant make it out on the scan.

They even have a few books in every auction that only show you the back cover scan.

confused.gif

I think Heritage has had problems with their internet provider. I was getting that, too, but I went back later and I can see both scans.

For awhile, I was able to click on the bigger back scan and the front scan would stay the same size.

all of my auctions use reduced scans that can be expanded to 100% by clicking on the image---and front and back scans. thumbsup2.gif

My upcoming venture will also enforce this standard. But I will be mindful of those with bandwidth-constrained connections headbang.gif

My tiny little site does have large, clear scans of all slabbed books. Scans of raw books are always available upon request.

I provide large scans not just for potential customers, but for myself. If it's slow at work, I often take a look at the books on the site.

First off, front and back scans on thousands of books (which I have in stock) takes up a lot of storage as well as takes a lot of time.

Emailing me for a front and back scan will generally be honored. Actually purchasing that "Serious buck" book will actually get a response a lot faster the next time. Nothing worse than tire kickers or scan thieves which seems to be the rage lately.

You are suppose to buy the label. blush.gif

The fact that there is a comic book inside (that that grade on the label should represent) is of minor importance.

Get with the program. insane.gif

That seems to be the case these days. sorry.gif

Someday soon... things will change and alot of newbies will get burned. flamed.gif

And that will be bad for the hobby as well. It's a shame.

Nothing worse than tire kickers or scan thieves which seems to be the rage lately.

You figure out how to do the watermark on the scans yet? It's not a perfect defense, but it's a lot better than nothing.