• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed

84 posts in this topic

Thanks guys....starting to sink in.

I wonder if I am the only blue-label owner in Australia (There must be a raw floating about) - that would be cool.

Thanks guys....starting to sink in.

I wonder if I am the only blue-label owner in Australia (There must be a raw floating about) - that would be cool.

So... where exactly do you live? :devil:

Seriously though, great pickup. 0.5s don't get much more appealing than that one.

Congratulations mate!

I don't know how you're gonna top that purchase... I'd hang on to that one! Wow....

Thanks James - appreciate that mate.

Nicely done, Andy! Proof that flipping moderns can pay off.

Thanks for 'getting it' Solar.

This was exactly the reason I buy and flip.

To get a shot at gems like this.

Thanks to all again. Thrilled, absolutely thrilled.

These definitely dont come around very often. The Original owner of this bought it in 1939 and only saved his collection because his mother threw out his brothers collection, so he made sure she saved his collection. Then, in 1982 after reading about high comic values, he sold some to a dealer. When he later found out the dealer bought the books for less than they were worth, he was upset and put the remainder in a safety deposit box. 31 years later on his deathbed he told his family to sell them.

But this does tell you how rare these are to come to the market

Also, another story is the book on Comiclink that sold recently was apparently bought by the consignor in the 1960's and he had held it for over 40 years (!) until recently. So yes, this book is ridiculously hard to get!

These definitely dont come around very often. The Original owner of this bought it in 1939 and only saved his collection because his mother threw out his brothers collection, so he made sure she saved his collection. Then, in 1982 after reading about high comic values, he sold some to a dealer. When he later found out the dealer bought the books for less than they were worth, he was upset and put the remainder in a safety deposit box. 31 years later on his deathbed he told his family to sell them.

But this does tell you how rare these are to come to the market

Also, another story is the book on Comiclink that sold recently was apparently bought by the consignor in the 1960's and he had held it for over 40 years (!) until recently. So yes, this book is ridiculously hard to get!

Wow, amazing story. The great Golden Age books always seem to have them.

That is a LOT of Bedlams! lol