• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Sci-Fi Expo -- February 8-9, 2014

116 posts in this topic

I'm glad you posted. I try to be evenhanded in my posts and talk about the positives along with some of the things we would like to see changed. Any show can improve in some areas, but hopefully overall my posts have shown that I do really enjoy these shows and look forward to them.

I know you and your brother both want a great comic show, as do I. I don't think the show we have is a bad one but it could get better. I am just worried that people read the posts and think all the Dallas shows are bad shows and there is never any decent comics in the room. I like to think we are representing the area pretty well, as are Boyd, Cory and Rick.

I'm glad you posted. I try to be evenhanded in my posts and talk about the positives along with some of the things we would like to see changed. Any show can improve in some areas, but hopefully overall my posts have shown that I do really enjoy these shows and look forward to them.

I know you and your brother both want a great comic show, as do I. I don't think the show we have is a bad one but it could get better. I am just worried that people read the posts and think all the Dallas shows are bad shows and there is never any decent comics in the room. I like to think we are representing the area pretty well, as are Boyd, Cory and Rick.

You're 100% right on all of this, and that's why I am glad you got in on this. It's often easier and more cathartic to talk about what you would like to see rather than what is working, and I obviously slipped into that. As I've said often, I always find books at these shows, and there are plenty of good dealers in the room. It'll be interesting to see what the May show brings in terms of the expanded dealer space to potentially build on what they already do.

I don't want to give the impression it's a bad show. ( hi Andy!) Its a show that is always on the verge of great, I'd just love to see it go over the edge into greatness. This is the first year that I will have booth space at both sci fi, and DCC. I'm hoping for a great turn out. For the money, it's a good show, and really look forward to the "selling" side of this show.

They added Allison Scagliotti, her first US signing. Nice add for Warehouse 13 fans. I was really hoping to get some CGC SS this time but I don't think I will have enough time for it. Even though I have line skips because of the VIP, photo ops take a lot of my time.

I had a big long huge reply on what I think about Ben and the Dallas shows. I deleted it because it rambled.

Basically, Ben has always been good to me. I've always known what to expect out of one of his shows by the way he's promoted it. If I don't make money at one of his shows it's probably because I didn't bring the right stuff or I'm priced too high. I'm still adjusting to a market I left in the early 90's but I'm getting there.

Trey

I havent been to a dallas con since the mid 90s. I always spent my cash on GA. If you guys would promote which dealers where showing up, id prob make the effort to attend. Id love to see some big names like Motor City, Metro, Bedrock, Harley, Worldwide .... sorry for any names i left off. I cant remember them all. : )

I'll be setting up tomorrow after work. Everyone coming to the show come by and say Hi!! I'd love to meet some fellow boardies. Look for the table with the Looney Tunes cookie jars and you will have found me.

I'm really looking forward to this show, I hope it's a good one. I'll be making deals all weekend and looking to add some GA Detectives and Batmans to my collection. :banana::banana::banana:

I will also be setting up at the show! Can't wait, will be my first multi-day show! I will be selling mostly dollar books, with a wall set up (of closetmaid shelves and white pvc). I will also have some silver dc in lower grade, and other wall books (Ghost Rider 1, Tomb of Drac 1, Hulk 102, strange tales 98, 115, cgc graded x-men 95, 101, 102). If you don't see it up, I'll have it in a box. Stop by and say "HI", I'll be wearing a Blackhawks Stanley cup hat.

Rob

We will be there as well. We have the first 7 booths on the left as you come in the door. You can't miss us. We will have over 250 boxes of comics, ranging from $1 books to high grade silver and bronze age comics. We will have over 500 wall books displayed. We are also buying comics and toys at the show. Stop by and say hello!