• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern: Rebirth

43 posts in this topic

...or Rob Liefield. insane.gif

You trying to kill the series?

Then Hal woudl have to left hands and wear 2 rings the size of his fist on each hand

97720903230.4.GIF

Referring to this one, Ares? 27_laughing.gif

Yep

Does Pol Maning have something to do with his alternative self in the distant future trying to protect the Legion of Superheros'? I read this in a recent article somewhere lately and can't recall where. I think the Hal fan said they were hoping that Pol Maning is the person who went crazy and that Hal is still stuck in the future being...well Pol. Do I win? thumbsup2.gif Or did I mess up your whole refrence?

Yeah... you win acclaim.gif

I would like to thank all the little people who made this happen. The bully who beat me up after school and forced me to read comics as a means of escapism. My childhood friends who introduced me to comics and went to the LCS to buy them every month, and my parents who allowed me to be this nerdy! acclaim.gif

This must mean I'm an official geek on the cgc boards! yay.gif

I was never a real GL fan 893naughty-thumb.gif but when I read about the story arc in Wizard about Kyle a couple of months ago, I had to go out & get it headbang.gif. Honestly, I am a fan of GL for sure now 893applaud-thumb.gif. I have been awaiting this for a while & I hope a sketch does come along takeit.gif. Wouldn't mind seeing maybe 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.....McFarlane do a comeback on this line for a couple of issues thumbsup2.gif....

Hey Alberto I might see you there. I was there today and got the flyer. Great looking art. Todd was very enthusiastic. They've got a signed print already on the wall. Never really read much G.L. before, so it'll all be new for me. yay.gif

I'm a big GL fan but the Kyle stuff was so bad a while ago I dropped the book. I did ask that the new Hal book be put in my saver at my local LCS. I'm looking forward to it.

I hope Hal's return doesn't turn out to have something to do with Pol. Just let the man find a loop-hole. I mean, what's next, Pol had sex with Gwen too. frustrated.gifscrewy.gif

Maybe the last 10 years were all just a dream! screwy.gif

If I were writing Green Lantern, I'd be sorely tempted to hit the rest button. DC could have done it with Emerald Dawn and dropped the ball. GL is in desperate need of a reset, almost from day one. Consider the days of Hal working as a claims adjuster. He went from test pilot to insurance man? How does that make sense? Then there's years of poor stories in the eighties, then this whole Parallax/Spectre/whatever stuff that I've mostly, mercifully missed.

So I say, reset GL, make him a test pilot or astronaut, and give the writing chores to someone who can handle science fictionF. GL works better as science fiction and shouldn't be crammed into the superhero conventions as he has been in the past. Consider that the best GL stories out there are the O'Neill/Adams ones that had little to do with superheroics.

And while I'm at it, the rest can erase Guy Gardner. I never liked that character!