• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beau's books and donation thread

463 posts in this topic

any DC books coming up at all? just wondering...

There will be some more Jonah Hex books as well as a crapload of DC bronze age horror once Pat and I are able to catalog them (probably close to 1/4th of Beau's collection was bronze age horror seemingly). There are also a good deal of 90's Batman and Justice League and such, but these are of course your typical 50 cent/$1 box kind of books.

I didn't know Beau, but I think it's awesome that everyone here has been stepping up to help his loved ones. A bit late but here's my small offering. Up for grabs:

BATMAN LOT OF 7 COMICS/DELUXE COMICS/TPBS!

Nice set of mostly-deluxe-format Batbooks, including a cherry NM copy of Batman: The Long Halloween #1 by Loeb and Sale.

Also included are higher-grade copies of

Batman: Madness (Halloween special by Loeb and Sale)

Batman: Lobo by Bisley (Joker app.; crazy book!)

Batman Chronicles: The Gauntlet

Batman: The Last Angel (Eric Lustbader story, Catwoman app., sizable TPB format)

Batman Black and White #2 (midgrade copy; fun read with stories by Gaiman, Bisley, others)

Secret Origins Special #1 (all Batman villains; two stories by Gaiman; Bolland cover)

Tons of great Bat-reading, for a great cause.

batlonghalloween1thumb.jpgbatmadnessthumb.jpgbatlobothumb.jpgbatgauntletthumb.jpgbatlastangelthumb.jpgbatmanblackwhite2thumb.jpgsecretoriginsthumb.jpg

(click 'em to enlarge)

Price: $29 for the set of 7; payment to patbollin as per first post of this thread. US shipping on me.

We need an updated total.

:baiting:

So far we have received about $3800 both from the sale of Beau's books and from donated books! This does not include all the money that we have not yet requested for books that we are holding for members, which may be as much as another $500 or so.

Again, this money is going a long way to helping Sissy get through what is still a very tough time. She has gotten a job, but it does not start until next Monday. As most of you probably realize it will still be several weeks before she sees her first payday.

We still have several books that haven't been purchased, so please take a look through the last few pages of the thread to find TJ's latest "still available list". And there are still more books to come.

Thanks everyone,

Pat

I didn't know Beau, but I think it's awesome that everyone here has been stepping up to help his loved ones. A bit late but here's my small offering. Up for grabs:

I also didn't know Beau, but it is great what everyone has done.

I'm offering up this book. I don't know the GPA on it and from what I have seen it is all over the place.

Groo #1 CGC 9.6 Real old label. White pages $75 shipped in US.

142760.jpg.6672d749640d0a0ed29a920f5c1af9cd.jpg