• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

List 5-10 favorite GA comics in your collection & explain why...

334 posts in this topic

Thanks AS - lets get your top 5-10 up here!!!!

Here is a good start...

Menace 1

Adventures Into Weird Worlds 16

Marvel Tales 114

Mystery Tales 5

Menace 3

Menace1.jpg

MarvelTales114.jpg

MysTales5us.jpg

AiWW16.jpg

Menace3x.jpg

Love your choices :applause:
I didn't really choose; just tried to explain that I can't really do it. :sorry:

My favorite GA books and why they`re my favorites:

#1 Because I love Barks and Uncle Scrooge and it`s such a pretty copy (the first slabbed high grade GA book I ever bought)

fc178.jpg

#2 Because I love Raboy, I love this cover, and I coveted this particular copy ever since I saw it in the covers gallery in an Overstreet Guide

Ibis1.jpg

#3 Did I mention I love Raboy? And this copy is just so darn purty. It looks like Edgar bought it off the newsstand yesterday.

master22.jpg

#4 I like Frazetta too.

FamousFunnies216.jpg

#5 I like the Lone Ranger and I like grey tone covers. There are a lot of great Lone Ranger grey tone covers, but this is the best one in my opinion.

LoneRanger31.jpg

#6 I also like Tonto and I also like painted covers. This cover really grabs you, plus this copy is my only River City.

Tonto11.jpg

#4 I like Frazetta too.

FamousFunnies216.jpg

Wow. That is gorgeous!

All great books, Tim. But that FF is killer.

I saw the original art at a museum exhibition a few years back and I'm hard-pressed to say whether I like this copy or the art better. Killer colors & gloss! :cloud9:

master22.jpg

I saw the original art at a museum exhibition a few years back and I'm hard-pressed to say whether I like this copy or the art better. Killer colors & gloss! :cloud9:

master22.jpg

I saw this book at person at the Metropolis booth at SDCC years back. I was really impressed with it, amazing ink reflectivity on it! (thumbs u

master22.jpg

I saw this book at person at the Metropolis booth at SDCC years back. I was really impressed with it, amazing ink reflectivity on it! (thumbs u

I saw the movie "Gravity" recently in Imax 3-D. It was pretty amazing.

This book is definitely better.

I grew up watching Batman cartoons on Saturday morning. I still remember sitting in front of the TV watching Batman and eating Captain Crunch cereal. Every now and then I would be lucky enough to catch a rerun of the Adam West show when visiting Grandma.

batman1.jpg

As a kid, I found a coverless copy of Star Spangled Comics in an old house in Indiana. For the life of me, I have no idea what happened to it, but I loved the stories and the Simon and Kirby artwork.

starspangled7.jpg

The last Batman I needed to complete the run was #10. Most copies I would see had ugly dust shadows on the right side but I finally found a sweet copy.

batman_10s.jpg

The first GA Batman I ever bought was #31 from Samuel Frazier. I still have it, but was quite happy to buy this one off a true class act boar die.

batman_31s.jpg

Probably my favorite Detective cover. Love Scarecrow and spent a lot of time trying to find a nice copy.

det_73_f_s.jpg