• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Velvet by Ed Brubaker

145 posts in this topic

Liked the first issue, not as much as Criminal, but about as much as Fatale and Icognito. Glad to see Brubaker explore the espionage themes he toyed with at the start of his Cap run before it got derailed and he seemed to lose interest.

Really love the art, and liked the story. Trying to pick up the various covers.

I got my hands on a Sean Phillips variant, but there seems to be some trouble with the spines on them. No creases or anything, but a bit of white/dis-coloration. Anyone else found this problem? Went through about 20 and they all had some form of it.

Issue 2 was good, might wait for the trades with this book though. Feels like a movie that would be better to read all at once.

+1 Truth.

I'm somewhat interested in the story so far, enough to read a trade, but not sure ill be collecting the floppies. #2 for me what kind of a big "ehhhhhhhhhhhhh"...but I'm a sucker for that noir feel.

I actually really enjoyed Issue 2. This one is quickly moving up the list of my favorite books right now.

+1

Her last mission was 1956. How old is she??

The story is set in the 70's, I believe 1973 to be exact. Based on the fact that her first mission was in 1949 I was guessing that she's in her 40's

I actually really enjoyed Issue 2. This one is quickly moving up the list of my favorite books right now.

+1

The story is set in the 70's, I believe 1973 to be exact. Based on the fact that her first mission was in 1949 I was guessing that she's in her 40's

a book about MILF?

+1

a book about MILF?

:roflmao: a spoon kicking one though!

#3 is good as ever. Brubaker adds a twist at the end that I didn't expect. Velvet is a confident spy that will get the mission done. Where is the movie at.

Agreed, she is a confident spy,... and that is how you survive in that world. Movie,... I don't see it. But I sure wish it would happen. It would definitely be in my collection.