• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mycomicshop.com merchant code?

13 posts in this topic

Does anyone here know what merchant code Mycomicshop.com shows up as on a credit card charge? I've got a card that gives bonus points on bookstores that I would use for a purchase there if they use the bookstore code.

Thanks.

Does anyone here know what merchant code Mycomicshop.com shows up as on a credit card charge? I've got a card that gives bonus points on bookstores that I would use for a purchase there if they use the bookstore code.

Thanks.

Nobody here apparently knows or cares, but just to finish things off - mycomicshop.com shows up on a credit card charge as "LONE STAR COMICS WEB ARLINGTON US" and with the merchant category of "BOOK STORES".

Bonus points on my CitiForward card! :cool:

Thanks.

Nobody here apparently knows or cares, but just to finish things off - mycomicshop.com shows up on a credit card charge as "LONE STAR COMICS WEB ARLINGTON US" and with the merchant category of "BOOK STORES".

:o

Thanks.

Seems like it would have been quicker if you had just e-mailed them to begin with. lol

Thanks.

Seems like it would have been quicker if you had just e-mailed them to begin with. lol

Good idea. Unfortunately, I emailed customer support before I posted here, waited a couple days for a response, didn't get one (and never did). So I posted here, and then tried calling customer support. They didn't know, and suggested I email technical support.

So I emailed technical support, they at least responded, saying "I'm not familiar with the 'merchant code' you describe. I would recommend you try your card and see if it works as you hope." When I described what it was, including a listing from Visa about what the codes are, I never heard back.

And finally, after nobody seemed to have any idea what was what, I went ahead and did the charge. I really thought there might be someone at the company who knew what happened on the business end, but if they do, I couldn't find them. Hopefully when my books get here it will be better on the comic end.

I read your original post, and maybe I'm just dense, or maybe I was thrown off by Dice's suggestion of "BR549", but I didn't know what you were talking about. I didn't know that we were assigned to a merchant category, or that ours is "BOOK STORES". Good to know. Don't think that's ever come up before.

I read your original post, and maybe I'm just dense, or maybe I was thrown off by Dice's suggestion of "BR549", but I didn't know what you were talking about. I didn't know that we were assigned to a merchant category, or that ours is "BOOK STORES". Good to know. Don't think that's ever come up before.

Yeah, there are actual code numbers, which let you know what type of business it is. If you've ever seen credit cards that offer cash back on certain types of purchases ("2% cash back at gas stations!"), that's how they are able to tell what purchases qualify for the cash back.

I have a number of credit cards that I use, each of which has different categories of things they give cash back/bonus points for. In this case, Discover card this quarter is giving 5% back for the first $1500 in "internet purchases", but I also have a card that always gives 5% on restaurants, movies, music, and bookstores (Amazon codes everything they sell under "Book Stores", so that's a great place for this card), so I wanted to know which I should use. I thought you would probably have one of the qualifying categories, but I wanted to make sure.