• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flash 123 Club

83 posts in this topic

Don't forget that Terry made a showing at the last Granada Hills Comic Con.

He was the dealer that i traded my G- Flash 101 and 102 with for a pile of Four Colors including a G- 29.

BTW for the SO Cal crew I got my third Flash 123 from Earl Bowman of Passport Comics. He was a was an early comicbook shop that i discovered almost 30 years ago. Quite a character

I started going to Earl's store in the mid 1970s. He was quite a character and he always enjoyed "talkin' comics". He would print a newsletter and if you bought back issues he would include your name in the newsletter. Also, he would pin some comics on a cork board with elaborate descriptions of the book including the grade. For the most part he never managed to acquire massive GA or SA collections but once in a while he had for sale some cool GA and SA books. I bought a Showcase 34 for only 50 bucks and it came back from CGC an 8.0 some twenty years later. . Also, I bought some HG Spidermans from him.

Unfortunately, both he and his wife Dee were heavy smokers and sadly, Earl died about 6 or 7 years ago. As far as I know Dee lives in the Hollywood area. I hope she is doing well. I always liked her too.

My copy. Bought off Clink a couple years ago for $45.

flash123_zps93aee2c2.jpg

$45?! Now that's awesome! Welcome to the club (thumbs u

Thanks. I thought at the time it was a great deal. Even though the shipping charge was more than I cared to pay. I was just happy to win it. Just found the invoice.

The date was 16 Nov. 2009.

I know this book is criminally underappreciated, but it is still hard to fathom that this club wouldn't be bumped in a year. Anyway, I've finally got a copy. It's super rough with no back cover, but it's the first copy I've owned. My scanner isn't currently hooked up, but I'll see what I can do about a pic.