• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Natali Sanders Sketch Opp is Closed - Thanks Everyone!

112 posts in this topic

I am very excited to announce that Natali Sanders (Dark Silver Studio) has agreed to do a sketch opp!

I’ll be green lighting the opp next Wednesday (October 23) at noon Eastern Time. The opp information is posted below, so hopefully those that are interested will be ready when it goes live. 12 spots are to be filled, with an added 4 reserve spots.

A big thank you to SoylentBlue for allowing this opp to hit the Boards!

Natali has a few rules about her art, which are given below, and it’s important to know up front that she is a self-proclaimed pin-up artist – not the “traditional” comic book artist. Her comic work has almost exclusively been devoted to cover art. Natali kindly agreed to offer pencil/inks as well to help make it more affordable for some people's budgets. Personally I think her colors is what really makes her work stand out, but if you want lines only, it’s available!

Natali hopes to have all commissions completed by January, and those sketches going to CGC will be handed over in January 2014 to CGC at Amazing Arizona. I would expect that anything going to CGC should be back to the owner by March/April of next year.

Rules/notes regarding Natali’s art/sketch work:

• Coloring is done in traditional mediums (oil, prismacolor pencil, acrylic, and airbrush).

• Females only (although I hope someday she’ll make the leap to males … I want a Doom!).

• Style is more or less Pin-Up (no action or fight scenes).

• No nudity.

• Backgrounds will not have detail, only outlines, smoky or cloudy background to accentuate the character (no buildings, structures, fight scenes, etc.).

Commission Rules:

• The opp goes live at noon Eastern Time on October 23. So, please try to get any questions to me prior to the opp going live.

• Pricing as below.

• 16 spots will be open with the first 12 being filled, (the extra four spots are standby, should Natali decide she can take on more work, or if any of the original 12 spots become available).

• I’d prefer to be paid in full in advance. I may be able to make arrangements otherwise, but please don’t count on it. I know that several artists have bailed in the past, or have been non responsive for quite a while. Natali won’t and I won’t.

• Payment to be made to me via PayPal (buyer must pay the grease), Money Order, or personal check.

• Once the opp goes live, post an :takeit: in the thread if you want a spot. PMs will work also. Spots go on a first come, first served basis, time stamps rule.

• The art work will not begin until spots are paid and payments clear.

• You will need to supply the blank cover. If I can help, I’ll try, but my supply is limited and small. PM me if you can't come up with one.

• Payment and blanks must be received within 10 business days of the opp going live closing. I want to keep this going as fast as possible due to several factors, one being making sure the sketches are done for Amazing Arizona. I will have no choice but to vacate a spot and hand it off to the next in line if payment/books aren’t received in time.

Pricing:

Sketch Covers (includes CGC Modern grading and return shipping)

o Head shot – $200 (colored)

o Bust – $305 (colored)

o One figure, full body - $460 (colored)

o Wrap around - $660 (colored)

o Additional characters with less detail than principle figure - $150

o Head Shot - lines only (pencils and ink) - $120

o Bust - lines only (pencils and ink) - $150

o Full Figure - lines only (pencils and ink) - $205

• On 8-1/2 x 11 Art Board for CGC Holder – Same costs as above for cover with no wraparound but $25 less (art will receive SS Yellow Label in holder with Notations if submitted to CGC during the opp and will not be graded.)

• Add $10 for CGC Fast Track please.

Natali will do 14 x 17's on art board. Please PM me for pricing if you're interested.

AS A REMINDER: Natali Sanders retains all copyright to her artwork, unless she expressly allows otherwise.

You can see more of her art at Webpage and at FaceBook Page.

Examples:

maryjanewatson.jpg

lycanblade3.jpg

HarleyQuinnSS.jpg

Bu.jpg

jeangrey.jpg

harleyquinn.jpg

and here I was trying to save money doh!

think will have to go for a colour bust shot

I feel your pain :foryou: ...I want her to do a two-figure for me or else a full plus a bust ... ugh ... but I know how fantastic it will turn out. Thanks!!

and here I was trying to save money doh!

think will have to go for a colour bust shot

Seriously WTF? Everyone on here wants me to be poor.... but at least I'll have some nice covers to stare at while eating ramen.

I totally agree with this statement:

That Harley is one of the best sketch covers I've ever seen. Wow.

I'm somewhat thankful of this little rule:

• Females only (although I hope someday she’ll make the leap to males … I want a Doom!).

Without it, I'd be all over this for a Hawkeye. Staying away from the female character sketches eliminates a number of artists, but also really helps to manage the budget! Must continue to resist the urge to start collecting Black Widow.