• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage

347 posts in this topic

all I can say is remember the time we were in. Remember, this was cool once. But you'd beat up anybody you saw walking around like this now... that being said, I think the best bet with boris is to not buy blindly. Know there is good, and bad, and only buy what appeals to you. If you are like tim or droom and none of it appeals to you, that's fine, leave them for others.

iceLFI1104_468x762.jpg

That was never cool.

Cool as Ice. :cool:

I was watching the movie "Dodgeball" this weekend and Ben Stiller's character, White Goodman had a huge painting of himself grabbing the bull by the horns. The artwork looked exceptionally cheesy so I slowed the playback until I was able to spot the artists' signature near the bottom right-corner...you guessed it, none other than Boris :boo:

you know, as an aside, I happened to be looking at the punisher war journal covers today and just in case you guys were of the opinion that big name comic art can't be chockful 'o cheese, may I present these 5 consecutive Jim Lee "beauties" (all due respect to Mr Lee who has done good work as well). I just came across these, I did not search for the cheesiest art; just sayin' - its easy to have our comic blinders on but lets take a good look at these images shall we?

PWJ8 - can't really tell on this small image, but look at the face on a large image. WTF is wrong with the face? Leaving aside the fact that his gun is bigger than he is, why are his eyes closed (?). Is he passing gas? I literally have no idea WTF that expression is supposed to be. I can only presume he went for "badazz" and ended up with "indigestion."

face.JPG

pwj8.jpg

PWJ9 - oh, a vigilante fighting a giant spider. My, how realistic. What business does a character like the punisher, a bad azz crime fighter, have being on a cover fighting a spider :facepalm: Whether or not we are supposed to take this image literally, the concept still blows.

pwj9.jpg

PWJ10 - I don't know about you, but if I fight crime outside the law I try not to get into FRICKING GUNFIGHTS WITH HELICOPTERS IN A TANK THAT HAS MY FRICKING LOGO ON IT lol

pwj10.jpg

PWJ11 - WTF, is this Punisher does Twilight? Did he just get bitten by a vampire? :facepalm: Or maybe his hair was green and his eyes red because it was almost Christmas? hm

pwj11.jpg

And the StinkyFromage award goes to.......... PWJ12 - Punny is a gunfight, on motorcycles, with a guy that has a fricking double-barreled fleshgun for an arm. lol Bravo! :golfclap::golfclap:

pwj12.jpg

I def think you have a point, they would look better in b&w , but they would still have their flaws I think. 8 I don't get the face and 11 - I guess he plans on killing people with bb's because that is the smallest bore gun Ive ever seen. 2c. Even if its supposed to be an Uzi (gun fans correct me) its still too small and a badazz shooting tiny bullets is pretty darn weak.

Point is, a lot of geek art whether its fantasy, comic, or otherwise has its flaws and as I said to you in pm I think some comic fans can see the flaws on material outside of comics but cant see those same flaws in comic art. Lets just enjoy this stuff for what it is - great fun, great nostalgia, and occasionally great illustration - but let's remember that you only need 1 out of 3 to make it potentially worth buying.

The concept is an Uzi that is a bit stylized or some may say cartoonish but the barrel would be for 9mm so I dont find fault with that. That punisher 8 used to be pretty popular. It was used for ads and what not at the time. As far as the argument about fine art vs comic art I think arguments can be made by both sides depending on the piece and what point you are trying to make. My own personal opinion is why is fine art considered the bar when I think the best art comes from ones gift of imagination hence my love for this stuff which I feel exhibits more of that then any other type of art.

all I can say is remember the time we were in. Remember, this was cool once. But you'd beat up anybody you saw walking around like this now... that being said, I think the best bet with boris is to not buy blindly. Know there is good, and bad, and only buy what appeals to you. If you are like tim or droom and none of it appeals to you, that's fine, leave them for others.

iceLFI1104_468x762.jpg

He'd get a high five from me.

That's always been cool. Too cold as a matter of fact.

My favorite was always Jet Ski Punisher.

PunisherWarJournal019.jpg

I would love a Jusko Punisher painting but most of the ones I have seen come onto the market have looked more like a Roger Moore James Bond scene. Punisher fighting crime on the ski slopes. See Scuba Punisher in action!

You're killing me! :sick:

Stop staring at my bulge! :baiting:lol

... you know, if you like Tim I can mail you a red speedo to take a picture with and then with the magic of photoshop we can splice our photos into one larger recreated image..... hmlol

... you know, if you like Tim I can mail you a red speedo to take a picture with and then with the magic of photoshop we can splice our photos into one larger recreated image..... hmlol

What do you mail me if I don't like Tim? :popcorn:

It`s funny how you`re trying to defend Boris but somehow have turned this thread from "I Thought Boris Kind of Sucks" to "Man, Boris Sucked a Whole Lot Worse Than I Could Ever Have Possibly Imagined".

:baiting: