• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overlooked and Potentially Undervalued Long/Mid-Term
2 2

798 posts in this topic

How about X-Force 37 first origin of Apocolypse? With Rise of Apocolypse selling well, this may be overlooked.

Quick, name five Copper or Modern origin books that have risen in value...

Annhilators 3

Batman Adventures Mad Love

Suicide Squad 7

Hellboy Seed of Destruction

Batman Annual 1

Annhilators 3 <--Not actually an Origin book

Batman Adventures Mad Love <-- OK

Suicide Squad 7 <-- this was the only one I could think of when I typed the question

Hellboy Seed of Destruction <-- I'll take your word for it, don't know much about Hellboy

Batman Annual 1 <-- New 52? This is the first Mr. Freeze, that's why it's popular

Annihilators 3 is most definitely an origin book.

Batman Annual 1 is largely valued because of the new take on Freeze's origin. Plenty of first appearances in the new 52 don't command close to the dollar price that book does. Look at Bane for example with Dark Knight #6.

Annihilators 3 is most definitely an origin book.

Batman Annual 1 is largely valued because of the new take on Freeze's origin. Plenty of first appearances in the new 52 don't command close to the dollar price that book does. Look at Bane for example with Dark Knight #6.

Origin of what?

I haven't read the comic, but the original solicitation for Annihilators 3:

The most powerful super team ever-that's right, we said it-faces the threat of the infamous Dire Wraiths! But can a squad that includes Silver Surfer, Gladiator and Beta-Ray Bill defeat this diabolical race and the dark magic they are unleashing? Meanwhile, Rocket Raccoon and Groot zoom deeper into their adventure as Rocket's secret and slightly crazy origin is revealed!

Origin story, in comic books, describing how a character gained their special abilities and/or how they became a superhero or supervillain

It is definitely perceived as his origin, but the story does not accomplish this. It focuses on what happens on his planet and ends with him flying off, probably to meet up with Hulk.

Origin story, in comic books, describing how a character gained their special abilities and/or how they became a superhero or supervillain

It is definitely perceived as his origin, but the story does not accomplish this. It focuses on what happens on his planet and ends with him flying off, probably to meet up with Hulk.

I have no interest in arguing semantics with you. Have a nice day.

It's not really semantics. The story doesn't tell why or how he became Rocket Raccoon. I agree that this is the perceived origin.

It's kind of like saying that it's Constantine in Swamp Thing #25. The writers have said that it was supposed to be Sting, but the perception is that it's a cameo of Constantine.

It's not really semantics. The story doesn't tell why or how he became Rocket Raccoon. I agree that this is the perceived origin.

It's kind of like saying that it's Constantine in Swamp Thing #25. The writers have said that it was supposed to be Sting, but the perception is that it's a cameo of Constantine.

I think the problem here is you are the only one in this argument perceiving this to be Rocket's origin. The other poster feels it *is* Rocket's origin. Probably time to move on as the other poster said...

I think the problem here is you are the only one in this argument perceiving this to be Rocket's origin. The other poster feels it *is* Rocket's origin. Probably time to move on as the other poster said...

I thought it was his origin until someone else brought it up. Then I reread it. Time to move on? Am I going to ruin your "investment" if the truth gets out?

I was reading a thread started by ygogolak on another message board in which he posts pictures of his back issue hauls. While he does not have as many views per video as a MERCENAUT, his Yanni Gogolak YouTube channel does have over 150 subscribers. Anyways, amongst his huge scores, he was also buying the following books in multiple:

New Teen Titans #21 (1st Brother Blood) [previously mentioned in thread]

Marvel Age #6

Power Pack #1 (1st Power Pack appearance)

New Mutants #25 (1st page of Legion)

X-Force #2 (2nd Deadpool appearance) [previously mentioned in thread]

I was reading a thread started by ygogolak on another message board in which he posts pictures of his back issue hauls. While he does not have as many views per video as a MERCENAUT, his Yanni Gogolak YouTube channel does have over 150 subscribers. Anyways, amongst his huge scores, he was also buying the following books in multiple:

Marvel Age #6

yes, and...?

Marvel Age #6

yes, and...?

I was suggesting these books could be potentially undervalued long/mid-term. See thread title :)

Marvel Age #6

yes, and...?

I was suggesting these books could be potentially undervalued long/mid-term. See thread title :)

Thank you, yes they could. That is what I typically try and feature in my hauls.

I thought it was his origin until someone else brought it up. Then I reread it. Time to move on? Am I going to ruin your "investment" if the truth gets out?

My investment in what exactly? If you've been on these boards for any length of time, you'd know I don't read or collect superhero titles.

No you're wrong on both counts.

It is the origin of Rocket. Read it again. Halfworld, insane asylum, robotic clowns, Its all there. And as you already stated your singular opinion is irrelevant as the market considers it his origin. Your original argument implied the market doesn't care for origin stories which is why you asked someone to name a few that had increased in value.

As for Swamp Thing #25 this was already explained in the copper's selling well on eBay thread. At the time the book was published that character wasn't Constantine. It was later retconned into becoming Constantine.

Read Books of Magic #2 where Constantine and Blood meet. Blood doesn't recall ever crossing paths with Constantine before. Constantine insists otherwise, as they have encountered each other at least twice, and later comments to Tim Hunter that he followed Blood for three weeks and never found out a thing about him. This occurs after Constantine trails Abby in issue #25 and she is confronted by Blood when the guy gets impaled by the swordfish. After Abby and Blood talk Constantine starts his surveillance on Blood. This is what he does between issues #25 and #37 and he even comments at the beginning of issue 37 that he hasn't slept in three weeks.

I feel that X-Men 248 first Jim Lee needs to be added to this list, he is DC's main man now and let's face it this issue is where it all started. One of the best artists if not the best in the last 25 years and this issue should be in everyone's collection.

I would think that book would have to be an SS books to sell well. You can still find some core X-men collectors that want a 9.8, but an SS would do very well.

Raw it just isn't in demand a whole lot anymore looks like it pulls around $8 in NM.

...even less than that, I'm afraid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Uncanny-X-Men-248-1989-NM-9-4-White-Pages-1st-Jim-Lee-Artwork-/221432421132?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item338e669b0c

Peace,

Chip

Looks like someone was willing to pay $9.52 for it.

No people are just tired of reading about it move on like the other poster said.

No people are just tired of reading about it move on like the other poster said.

:sumo::tonofbricks: okie dokie

I feel that X-Men 248 first Jim Lee needs to be added to this list, he is DC's main man now and let's face it this issue is where it all started. One of the best artists if not the best in the last 25 years and this issue should be in everyone's collection.

I would think that book would have to be an SS books to sell well. You can still find some core X-men collectors that want a 9.8, but an SS would do very well.

Raw it just isn't in demand a whole lot anymore looks like it pulls around $8 in NM.

...even less than that, I'm afraid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Uncanny-X-Men-248-1989-NM-9-4-White-Pages-1st-Jim-Lee-Artwork-/221432421132?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item338e669b0c

Peace,

Chip

Looks like someone was willing to pay $9.52 for it.

+1

which still isn't so great, i agree.

chip, i think the $6.50 shipping scares off purchasers on some books. obviously some hotter stuff, more expensive stuff, it matters less. i understand your legitimate rationale for it and that you aren't making money from it.

problem is, i don't think ebay has a good way to offer free shipping on auctions and let you build it into the price because people who win multiple auctions are skrewed and you are skrewed on the fees if you knock $2-$5 off every additional purchase, etc. i don't think ebay lets you build this into your shipping cost, does it?