• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overlooked and Potentially Undervalued Long/Mid-Term
2 2

798 posts in this topic

Sorry guys, but "Hot Artist" Copper Age books went out with mullets, and it's all about the "First Appearance".

If I was looking for potential breakout books, I would be assembling a list of any character remotely associated with the X-Men, and then seeing where they appeared first. I used to do that, and bought any books on the list (like NM Annual 2) I found in the bargain bins.

Harder to do now, but there must be some diamonds in the rough.

What's a mullet? :baiting:

THE mullet. B692B218-31AD-4313-9249-7F430E6C35C2.jpg

lol. He got his handed to him by Bo Jackson.

This has to be one of the grossest inaccuracies in NFL lore.

I love Bo and he was a beast that ran through NFL lineman like wet paper bags, but this was just a case of Bo hitting Boz at the goal line and spinning away from him for the score. (shrug)

If they had the "Greatest 500 Hits in NFL History" this wouldn't even be on the short list.

I really don't know how this got started (other than the rampant Boz-Hate that was going on back then), and hits like Earl Campbell on Tatum (or him goring of that poor Ram :facepalm:) or Atwater on the Nigerian Nightmare or Tatum on Sammy White are *real* hits that shake your living room. This was just a basic football play that got blown way out of proportion.

It's crazy because I watched an NFL Top 10 Draft Busts and Boz was on the list - and he was up for Rookie of the Year and had a pretty good career until he busted down. Man, I could count 25+ bigger busts than him, but again, history is skewed due to him being an SOB.

I love Bo and he was a beast that ran through NFL lineman like wet paper bags, but this was just a case of Bo hitting Boz at the goal line and spinning away from him for the score. (shrug)

I really don't know how this got started, and hits like Earl Campbell on Tatum (or is goring of that poor Ram) and Atwater on the Nigerian Nightmare are *real* hits that shake your living room.

This was just a basic football play that got blown way out of proportion.

I agree, I thought that play was like normal, nothing really to talk about. It might have been a bit above average in terms of aggression, and stuff like that didn't happen to Boz often, BUT especially back then there were 10-15 of those hits per week

I really don't know how this got started, and hits like Earl Campbell on Tatum (or is goring of that poor Ram) and Atwater on the Nigerian Nightmare are *real* hits that shake your living room.

This was just a basic football play that got blown way out of proportion.

I agree, I thought that play was like normal, nothing really to talk about. It might have been a bit above average in terms of aggression, and stuff like that didn't happen to Boz often, BUT especially back then there were 10-15 of those hits per week

I graduated from the University of Oklahoma and had actually had a class which Boz was in. He showed up for almost every class and was very reserved in class. So different from his on field demeanor. He was one of the most fierce college players I have ever seen play.

Steve Sewell who played for the Broncos for a number of years was in another one of business classes. Same went for him. Always present and quiet.

Can't say the same for others like Marcus Dupree and Jamelle Holloway. Saw them on test days and they were among the first to finish their test.

If they had the "Greatest 500 Hits in NFL History" this wouldn't even be on the short list.

I really don't know how this got started (other than the rampant Boz-Hate that was going on back then), and hits like Earl Campbell on Tatum (or him goring of that poor Ram :facepalm:) or Atwater on the Nigerian Nightmare or Tatum on Sammy White are *real* hits that shake your living room. This was just a basic football play that got blown way out of proportion.

It's crazy because I watched an NFL Top 10 Draft Busts and Boz was on the list - and he was up for Rookie of the Year and had a pretty good career until he busted down. Man, I could count 25+ bigger busts than him, but again, history is skewed due to him being an SOB.

You make the call

It's not that great of a hit. As much as I hate the Raiders, I love me some Bo Jackson. The guy was amazing.

Atwater's hit on Okoye was almost a murder. One of my all-time favorite plays (even better that it was a Bronco).

I can't believe someone brought up Steve Sewell. I enjoyed his play very much (more so than Sammy Winder). But that's a Jimmy Crack Korn to most people.

Patrick

You make the call

I wouldn't even call that a hit, just a basic goal-line push and spin. (shrug)

Now go load up Atwater hitting Okoye (who was an absolute beast) Campbell goring that poor Ram, Tatum hitting poor Sammy White, Bednarik almost killing Gifford, LT on Theisman, "Night Train" Lane on anyone, or any of another 100+ monster NFL hits, and you might understand what we're talking about.