• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overlooked and Potentially Undervalued Long/Mid-Term
2 2

798 posts in this topic

I have hundreds of books that I "deem Key."

I'm a hoarder...

I lust for the "pop"

Here's one:

It's eight years old.

It's easy to find for a dollar.

Teen Titans (vol. 3) #37

The 1st appearance of Miss Martian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Martian

Why?

Go to a major show.

There's ALWAYS tons of Miss Martian cosplayers.]

It's a grass roots movement happening before our eyes.

Fans love Miss Martian.

She appeals to the TV crowd. ( Smallville )

She appeals to the video game crowd.

She appeals to the cartoon crowd.

NO slutty boob window. She's a potential strong female role model.

Editors pay attention to that stuff now.

It's just a matter of tome before her New 52 debut marketed towards the surging geek girl movement.

It's a dollar, buy a few you cheap b-astards.

I have hundreds & it's time to blow this one up.

Watch me do it.

Get one now...

( It's a black cover, a m-otherf in high grade )

Teen Titans in general are so worth collecting (and reading :o ).

:whee:

I'm fortunate.

I try to bring one of every title home to read, weekly.

This seems unlikely to me.

Count Duckula 3 is the 1st American comic book appearance of a cartoon character that appears in two dozen much earlier comics in the UK, and then never appears in comic books in either country again. Is someone really going to watch a 2015 BBC cartoon based on a 1981 BBC cartoon and think "Boy, I wish I had the 1991 american comic book with a backup story about this!"?

All I'm sayin' is that DM fans should want it and considering how many episodes were made there is was def a fan base. There just aren't that many DM appearances out there. Sellers will turn their noses up at this one but true collectors should want it. Oh and there's a newsstand for this one too! The Look-in's predate this appearance but good luck finding those in the states. What's not to like? It looks like it's going to be written by one of the Horrible Histories writers which sounds great to me. I just hope someone gets smart and makes a Yonderland comic.

True collectors of what? Danger Mouse is not a comic book character, he's a cartoon character who appeared in a small number of comic books. The show has been gone for almost 25 years, since right around the time he made his debut (and quick exit) in American comics.

I used to watch Danger Mouse occasionally when I was a kid, but I barely remember anything other than it being another below average (production) quality cartoon.

You are saying there is no fan base for Danger Mouse. I simply do not agree with you.

http://www.amazon.com/Danger-Mouse-Complete-Seasons-1-6/dp/B000GAKMC0

You just don't get that many episodes made without decent ratings and a large amount of people who enjoy it.

Just because you have a vague memory of something you didn't like does not mean it doesn't exit outside of your pessimistic little microcosm. Also what does it matter if he's a cartoon character or not? Millions upon millions of comics have been made about every cartoon you can think of. Some are very very valuable too. You may not collect comics that feature cartoon characters but I can assure you many people do.

Count Duckula 3 is the 1st American comic book appearance of a cartoon character that appears in two dozen much earlier comics in the UK, and then never appears in comic books in either country again. Is someone really going to watch a 2015 BBC cartoon based on a 1981 BBC cartoon and think "Boy, I wish I had the 1991 american comic book with a backup story about this!"?

All I'm sayin' is that DM fans should want it and considering how many episodes were made there is was def a fan base. There just aren't that many DM appearances out there. Sellers will turn their noses up at this one but true collectors should want it. Oh and there's a newsstand for this one too! The Look-in's predate this appearance but good luck finding those in the states. What's not to like? It looks like it's going to be written by one of the Horrible Histories writers which sounds great to me. I just hope someone gets smart and makes a Yonderland comic.

True collectors of what? Danger Mouse is not a comic book character, he's a cartoon character who appeared in a small number of comic books. The show has been gone for almost 25 years, since right around the time he made his debut (and quick exit) in American comics.

I used to watch Danger Mouse occasionally when I was a kid, but I barely remember anything other than it being another below average (production) quality cartoon.

You are saying there is no fan base for Danger Mouse. I simply do not agree with you.

You just don't get that many episodes made without decent ratings and a large amount of people who enjoy it.

Just because you have a vague memory of something you didn't like does not mean it doesn't exit outside of your pessimistic little microcosm. Also what does it matter if he's a cartoon character or not? Millions upon millions of comics have been made about every cartoon you can think of. Some are very very valuable too. You may not collect comics that feature cartoon characters but I can assure you many people do.

I have to lean toward Ween on this one. :grin:

I have to lean toward Ween on this one. :grin:

:ohnoez:

The episodes were 5 minutes each. Maybe they are great, but the entire run of all Danger Mouse episodes ever made has a shorter runtime than a single season of a 1 hour drama.

My point is, even if a new season of a BBC cartoon from 30 years ago resulted in new interest in Danger Mouse, why would that interest translate into interest in Danger Mouse's 24th and final comic book appearance, in the back of a book in which he doesn't appear on the cover, which has a higher print run than any of the earlier books actually starring him? Maybe you could make a case that his UK Annuals will see a spike. Or Danger Mouse lunch boxes. But the only chance Darkwing Duck #3 has of spiking, is if this board tricks people into buying it.

The episodes were 5 minutes each. Maybe they are great, but the entire run of all Danger Mouse episodes ever made has a shorter runtime than a single season of a 1 hour drama.

My point is, even if a new season of a BBC cartoon from 30 years ago resulted in new interest in Danger Mouse, why would that interest translate into interest in Danger Mouse's 24th and final comic book appearance, in the back of a book in which he doesn't appear on the cover, which has a higher print run than any of the earlier books actually starring him? Maybe you could make a case that his UK Annuals will see a spike. Or Danger Mouse lunch boxes. But the only chance Darkwing Duck #3 has of spiking, is if this board tricks people into buying it.

I'm certainly not looking for a copy . . . :insane: But if I had one, it would now be for sale.

They were also selling five of the six "Kraven's Last Hunt" books for 3/$1. They were missing the first Amazing for it, but they had two copies of all of the others. There were a ton of Marvel Tales under 100 in there as well (mid grade). I bought the ones that reprinted ASM 121 and 122 because they have some interest now.

Honestly, though, the later McFarlanes have not been selling for much around here. I've seen them at the last several conventions for about $2/each, and they haven't appeared to have been selling. I probably wouldn't have bought them for more, since I already have more than one copy of the ones they had.

3/$1 is ridiculous for those unless they're in tatters. i can put them out at my yard sale and get $1 each for that stuff in VG.

Danger Mouse's is on the cover of his first comic appearance, Count Duckula 3.

Teen Titans (vol. 3) #37

The 1st appearance of Miss Martian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Martian

Hey Larry, the MODERN Forum is calling you.

You got it D_ink.

I'm out.

I won't bore you guys with my drivel...

See ya tomorrow!

lol Kevin76 using my HaHa meme as his avatar = awesome.