• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help Me Correct a Teenage Mistake: Sold AF15 & Hulk1. How Do I Replace?

37 posts in this topic

Hey Folks,

I'm new to the forum. I'm looking to correct a mistake that has haunted me for 20 years: selling my copies of Amazing Fantasy 15 and Hulk 1. Both were low grade but complete. I sold them for a song.

I've been more or less out of the hobby for years, so I'm sort of in the dark about the best method for finding reasonably priced books. I do realize these are both sought after books.

Should I be stalking eBay? Hitting refresh hourly on the for sale forum here? Contacting shops?

Take a few weeks to find the right book off eBay Comic link or heritage and just buy graded so you don't get burned on a restored book. And get a subscription to GP a analysis which will tell you past prices

Seeing you are new to the boards, welcome to the boards! ('WTTB").

I feel your pain. I sold my Amazing Fantasy #15 in 2.5 back in 2005, but it was worth it to raise funds for my house down payment.

In regards to correcting your mistake it all depends on what your budget is, and that will determine what grade to look for in the different auctions. Heck, even some online comic dealers will have these books for sale, it all depends on how much you are willing to spend.

The sound motto is buy what you can afford in the best grade possible.

There are many auction sites you can search;

eBay

Heritage Auctions

Comic Link

ComicConnect

Pedigree Comics

Some online dealers that can carry them periodically are:

Metropolis Comics

Harley Yee Comics

High Grade Comics

Greg Reece Comics

Quality Comix

Superworld Comics

Worldwide Comics

There are many places to check, but those are some of the places you can look up to see if they have a copy in the grade you like.

Good luck on hunting down your copies. (thumbs u

Seeing you are new to the boards, welcome to the boards! ('WTTB").

I feel your pain. I sold my Amazing Fantasy #15 in 2.5 back in 2005, but it was worth it to raise funds for my house down payment.

In regards to correcting your mistake it all depends on what your budget is, and that will determine what grade to look for in the different auctions. Heck, even some online comic dealers will have these books for sale, it all depends on how much you are willing to spend.

The sound motto is buy what you can afford in the best grade possible.

There are many auction sites you can search;

eBay

Heritage Auctions

Comic Link

ComicConnect

Pedigree Comics

Some online dealers that can carry them periodically are:

Metropolis Comics

Harley Yee Comics

High Grade Comics

Greg Reece Comics

Quality Comix

Superworld Comics

Worldwide Comics

There are many places to check, but those are some of the places you can look up to see if they have a copy in the grade you like.

Good luck on hunting down your copies. (thumbs u

Excellent advice with the one small caveat that Harley's site is defunct. He usually has a lot of books for sale on eBay but seems to have taken them down for a while.

I sold the bulk of my early Spidey's off just before the first Spiderman movie came out...I try not to look back. If you are going for the stories, I would get a nice copy of the Marvel Masterworks edition. Muuuuch cheaper than a AF15 or H1!

I sold the bulk of my early Spidey's off just before the first Spiderman movie came out...I try not to look back. If you are going for the stories, I would get a nice copy of the Marvel Masterworks edition. Muuuuch cheaper than a AF15 or H1!

Get both...or get a copy of Marvel Tales 1 also...both stories...I just picked up a nice FN raw copy for $58 bucks...WTTB! :headbang:

Here are a few other dealers that more often than not have multiple copies for sale of AF 15:

Graham Crackers (Jamie Graham)

A-1 Comics

Terry's Comics

And sometimes even smaller dealers have copies of what you're looking for.

Good Luck.

If you are going for the stories, I would get a nice copy of the Marvel Masterworks edition. Muuuuch cheaper than a AF15 or H1!

I always used to feel like I needed to own a copy of the first appearance and/or key issues of characters/teams that I like. I guess I felt like it kind of "confirmed" my appreciation for those characters/teams.

Of course, the reality is, a character can be your favorite and you don't actually have to own a single comic. With the great quality trades, omnibuses, and digital comics out there nowadays, owning the original physical first print copy of the comic isn't necessary.

Well, we do find ourselves on a comics discussion board, so we are all collectors, and with that mindset, we will find ourselves wanting to own the real thing. For most of us that can't be avoided. But it can be quite expensive.

For the longest time, I was an X-Men/Wolverine only collector. But, eventually this can start to get old. I wanted to get into other great Marvel characters and teams that I'd been ignoring for so long. But I had to avoid letting this send me into a shopping spree picking up all sorts of other expensive key issues for them. I bought a lot of Masterworks lately and have been enjoying the hell out of reading them. So far I've remained convinced that I can love these characters and stories without buying their key issues.

Hey Folks,

I'm new to the forum. I'm looking to correct a mistake that has haunted me for 20 years: selling my copies of Amazing Fantasy 15 and Hulk 1. Both were low grade but complete. I sold them for a song.

I've been more or less out of the hobby for years, so I'm sort of in the dark about the best method for finding reasonably priced books. I do realize these are both sought after books.

Should I be stalking eBay? Hitting refresh hourly on the for sale forum here? Contacting shops?

Welcome to the boards Rock.

Hate to say it but these books aren't cheap. Please be careful looking for reasonable priced copies, everyone knows what these books are worth and any copies that appear to be underpriced are probably over graded and/or restored without disclosure.

Start saving, watch some auctions and get a feel for the current market and wait for the right copy.

Forgive my asking this question. But recently we "lost" a member of this forum. His screen name was red rocks. He left because he was banned.

Are you red rocks? I'm just asking because of the time frame involved, and because of your screen name.

If you are not him. Welcome To The Boards (WTTB).

Forgive my asking this question. But recently we "lost" a member of this forum. His screen name was red rocks. He left because he was banned.

Are you red rocks? I'm just asking because of the time frame involved, and because of your screen name.

Funny, this was the first thought I had as well. Not to mention that one could gather that he's looking for cheap copies of mega keys using a bit of a story angled for sympathy. Hope it's not the case as well and there is a legit new member here. :wishluck:

Funny, this was the first thought I had as well. Not to mention that one could gather that he's looking for cheap copies of mega keys using a bit of a story angled for sympathy. Hope it's not the case as well and there is a legit new member here. :wishluck:

Silence is incriminating. :taptaptap:

He's being walked to his car by his wife. I'm sure he'll post when he's back.

He's being walked to his car by his wife. I'm sure he'll post when he's back.

lol