• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2013 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up!

950 posts in this topic

There's a cut off?

I prefer to call it the Christmas Exchange Circumcision Date. Has a little more dramatic flair to it.

:golfclap:

I'm glad there isn't a cut off. I was worried I'd be banned from the Holiday Exchange.

With the snow here in MD, it'll make it tough to get to the post office, but I should be able to get there. I still owe my sister money and if she doesn't have it by Friday she might come break my knees or something… In other words, I need to get to the post office.

Off topic, but this snow is really awesome, just a pain to drive in!

Not to quote my wife, but I lived in WY for 5 years. I agree it is a pain, but my truck can handle it (knock on wood). Also the post office is about 5 minutes from me.

I just wouldn't recommend getting on the interstate. That is where the true problems in bad weather happen. Especially with people who don't know how to drive in the weather.

Where do you live Lauren? I'm in Rodgers Forge which is just north of the City. I can walk about two blocks and I'm in the City.

We need a holiday get together :) I live in the city, Federal Hill

I've met a few guys from the area on here. There are a lot of us in the Baltimore area.

There's a cut off?

I prefer to call it the Christmas Exchange Circumcision Date. Has a little more dramatic flair to it.

I'm glad there isn't a cut off. I was worried I'd be banned from the Holiday Exchange.

With the snow here in MD, it'll make it tough to get to the post office, but I should be able to get there. I still owe my sister money and if she doesn't have it by Friday she might come break my knees or something… In other words, I need to get to the post office.

It's a pain all around. It was -40 this weekend in places. People lost power here for nearly 9 hours, it was a mess. The frigid cold just plain sucks.

There's a cut off?

It's a pain all around. It was -40 this weekend in places. People lost power here for nearly 9 hours, it was a mess. The frigid cold just plain sucks.

That's awful! I hope everyone's ok now!!

Anyway, I'm all for a Baltimore area meet up. I live right off 695 just north of the city so I can get pretty much anywhere.

not to break into the Weather Chanel reports, but I did receive my Secret Santa package yesterday...

to quote my wife "Secret Santa with internet friends? I cant decide if that's cool, or lame, but it's definitely one of the two"

*sigh*

They were wrapped, so they are currently sitting under my Christmas tree awaiting the festive day of opening.

We now return to Ollie Williams with the weather.

Ollie?

tumblr_mcmuujgqnS1qzjefho1_500.gif

"Secret Santa with internet friends? I cant decide if that's cool, or lame, but it's definitely one of the two"

*sigh*

They were wrapped, so they are currently sitting under my Christmas tree awaiting the festive day of opening.

Well she almost gets it so that's not bad. I think plenty of people I know would not even give the "cool" side of the argument a second of thought.

not to break into the Weather Chanel reports, but I did receive my Secret Santa package yesterday...

to quote my wife "Secret Santa with internet friends? I cant decide if that's cool, or lame, but it's definitely one of the two"

*sigh*

We now return to Ollie Williams with the weather.

Ollie?

tumblr_mcmuujgqnS1qzjefho1_500.gif

This will be the second year of Secret santa presents under the tree so the wifey is ready for it this year, but yeah, that's pretty much the response I got last year :lol:

I so totally fail at this. I should know that meeting the minimum requirements is never what anyone should shoot for. If I can't even come close to the generosity shown here, I won't participate next year.

:(

-slym

And happy holiday to you, too, buddy!

:baiting:

:foryou:

To me, it isn't fun knowing you are going to be giving someone the "loser gift" of the group.

-slym

Dude, you need therapy.

Your feelings of inadequacy are unfounded. I'm sure most people share my sentiment that if you took any amount of time to think of a present, wrapped it up, put it in a box, drove or walked to the post office it will be appreciated. Heck if I got a lump of coal that was nicely boxed it would sit in a prominent shelf in my office and I would recall just how funny that was to get.

Just think Stuart Smalley...

i-dc320d9ec282ab76448f912828fa9b66-stuart_smalley.jpg

I so totally fail at this. I should know that meeting the minimum requirements is never what anyone should shoot for. If I can't even come close to the generosity shown here, I won't participate next year.

Man I wouldn't worry too much. I was talking to someone and they kept suggesting things to me that were like $50-$60 dollars. I just couldn't do that under my budget. Thus I spent a lot of time and found something more in my price range that I think they'll like :wishluck:

Like the old saying goes, it is the thought that matters.

I didn't wrap my item though which I sort of feel bad about… I'm not sure how you wrap a page of original art though… I guess I could have.