• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2013 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up!

950 posts in this topic

I didn't wrap my item though which I sort of feel bad about… I'm not sure how you wrap a page of original art though… I guess I could have.

Heh - fold the Sunday funnies around it and call it good. That's what I did! (Not art though, I understand your concern.)

;)

-slym

To me, it isn't fun knowing you are going to be giving someone the "loser gift" of the group.

Dude, you need therapy.

Maybe.

Your feelings of inadequacy are unfounded.

There might be more going on there than can be said in this thread.

:shrug:

-slym

I know what you mean. My guy said what he's most interested in but he's got top copies of almost every issue of what he likes so no trades or issues seemed like they'd be a good choice for him. I found what I think was a good choice so I hope he likes it. :wishluck:

For many of us, this gift will be the only comic-related item under our Christmas trees this year.

I look forward to this tradition every year. I like trying to find something fun and meeting new boardies.

One of these years, I will get greggy and THAT will be awesome.

Just a reminder folks, this exchange is about community, holiday and having fun. It's not about the cost of the gift or the grade of the donation, it's about combining two aspects of our lives to double the enjoyment.

Yes people are very generous, yes some things cost more, but if you put in the effort and thought, a Pez dispenser can be equally as valuable.

Stop doubting, stop whining, stop comparing and talk about how excited you are to open and have your gift opened.

Lastly, if your wives think it's sad that you're participating in an internet Secret Santa, how about the wife of the guy running it. :lol:

Crud, I wrapped inside the main box!
That's how I'm going to do it. (thumbs u
Hopefully whoever gets it can read my thoughts to open the box and put the wrapped presents under their tree :grin:

I just used regular wrapping paper but the note I left with the gift was on a Spider-man note pad. I kept forgetting to get the Sunday comics. :blush:

I would have gotten mine out sooner but was totally over-whelmed by the whole shipping process as I rarely ship anything. Thank god the lady at the post office had the patience of a saint.