• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strongest Person in the Marvel Universe

Strongest person in Marvel Universe  

2,148 members have voted

1. 1. Strongest person in Marvel Universe

222 posts in this topic

Didn't Storm also lift the Hammer in an Xmen annual? (10?)

I think it was 8.

You were both close.

annual9.jpg

But picking up Thor's hammer isn't a feat of strength. Its inscribed with "who so ever lifts this hammer, be he worthy, shall weild the power of Thor" or something to that effect. Captain America also picked up Thor's hammer in an issue of Avengers. Also, in Thor vol 2, even Thor couldn't lift his hammer during the "Spiral" storyline (set in the future) because he was no longer worthy to do so. So its not a matter of strength but a matter of nobility or "worthiness".

In All-Star #2 he states he made the key from the matter of a white dwarf star.

Though the point is moot if we are talking about the strongest Marvel characters only. foreheadslap.gif

sorry.gif I realize I went off-topic. We were initially discussing "power control" whrn I went into my Superman diatribe.

sorry gang, but Galactus is stronger than Hulk and even Thanos is stronger than Hulkie...

i think Hulk can be the top shelf for "human" strenght, but it wouldn't be a match fighting the big G and the nasty T

regards

There IS no top level for Hulk since his strength is tied to his anger/rage. The madder he gets the stronger he gets so there's no way to say where his power level stops. Now, I'd agree with you that Big G would stop Hulk on any given Sunday in a regular book, but throw them into a MAX book and have Big G cut off Betty's head in front of Hulk and I bet Hulk could take him. Also, there was an issue of Fantastic Four where the Invisible Woman took out Galactus by herself by stabbing him with a really big invisible spear. I think it was her "Malice" persona or just after. As far as the FF are concerned Sue is the most powerful hands down. hail.gif

sorry gang, but Galactus is stronger than Hulk and even Thanos is stronger than Hulkie...

i think Hulk can be the top shelf for "human" strenght, but it wouldn't be a match fighting the big G and the nasty T

regards

There IS no top level for Hulk since his strength is tied to his anger/rage. The madder he gets the stronger he gets so there's no way to say where his power level stops. Now, I'd agree with you that Big G would stop Hulk on any given Sunday in a regular book, but throw them into a MAX book and have Big G cut off Betty's head in front of Hulk and I bet Hulk could take him. Also, there was an issue of Fantastic Four where the Invisible Woman took out Galactus by herself by stabbing him with a really big invisible spear. I think it was her "Malice" persona or just after. As far as the FF are concerned Sue is the most powerful hands down. hail.gif

well, duh.

she might be the most underrated - in terms of sheer power - in the entire MU

In All-Star #2 he states he made the key from the matter of a white dwarf star.

Though the point is moot if we are talking about the strongest Marvel characters only. foreheadslap.gif

sorry.gif I realize I went off-topic. We were initially discussing "power control" whrn I went into my Superman diatribe.

No problem! flowerred.gif

regards

well, duh.

This is true. At one point they were really writing her as a pretty tough chick since Reed was "dead" at the time. They still do well with the character but they haven't let her really cut loose with her powers laterly. Of course, I suppose if they did then it would show she really didn't need the Torch or Thing around. Just need Reed there to figure out the brainy stuff.

regards

if that happened...bad writing, 27_laughing.gif!

hulk could be as made as crazy, no way he could stand a chance against a pure force of universe...that's just even beyond our parameters of "sheer srenght"...big G and T are on another scale/level.

wink.gifflowerred.gif

regards

regards

well, duh.

Excuse my ignorance, but why the invisible woman?

regards

well, duh.

Because she can make her force shields into any shape and size she can imagine as well as make them as solid or thin as she wants. Basically, think of her as having GL's powers without the ring or the yellow problem. Yeah, the Thing is physically stronger, but she can put him in a force box and squeeze him to death or put invisible plugs in his nose and mouth until he suffocates. Same with Johnny and Reed. Her powers just have much more versatility and potential than any of the others.

regards

well, duh.

Because she can make her force shields into any shape and size she can imagine as well as make them as solid or thin as she wants. Basically, think of her as having GL's powers without the ring or the yellow problem. Yeah, the Thing is physically stronger, but she can put him in a force box and squeeze him to death or put invisible plugs in his nose and mouth until he suffocates. Same with Johnny and Reed. Her powers just have much more versatility and potential than any of the others.

why not just stick her force shield into his lungs and push all the air out? or make a micro-thin blade and lop his head off? or put a giant column underneath him and push him up into space and then dissolve it?

the only people who could stop her would be telepaths, the invulnerable, and those who don't need to breathe. and i'm not so sure about those last two

regards

well, duh.

why not just stick her force shield into his lungs and push all the air out? or make a micro-thin blade and lop his head off? or put a giant column underneath him and push him up into space and then dissolve it?

the only people who could stop her would be telepaths, the invulnerable, and those who don't need to breathe. and i'm not so sure about those last two

Well, yep, she could do any of those as well. Was just thinking of an example off the top of the head. Yep, she could be pretty devastating if they really wanted to write her that way. I don't think any writer has ever sat down to truly consider her power potential. I think really the only ones that could touch her on the human scale would be the telepaths. Just like GL she has to concentrate to make her powers work so if they messed with her mind then she'd be helpless.

regards

well, duh.

Well, yep, she could do any of those as well. Was just thinking of an example off the top of the head. Yep, she could be pretty devastating if they really wanted to write her that way. I don't think any writer has ever sat down to truly consider her power potential. I think really the only ones that could touch her on the human scale would be the telepaths. Just like GL she has to concentrate to make her powers work so if they messed with her mind then she'd be helpless.

thumbsup2.gif

sorry if my post came off as brusque, not my intention at all, just adding to the myriad ways Sue could kick 99% of the MU's arsch

I think the scale only goes to 7. So 7 is anything over 6.

My scale goes to 8. That's 1 more than 7.

Why don't you just make 7 stronger?

But....his goes to 8.

Yes... because 8 is 1 more than 7.

regards

well, duh.

thumbsup2.gif

sorry if my post came off as brusque, not my intention at all, just adding to the myriad ways Sue could kick 99% of the MU's arsch

GIRL POWER!!! laugh.gif