• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strongest Person in the Marvel Universe

Strongest person in Marvel Universe  

2,148 members have voted

1. 1. Strongest person in Marvel Universe

222 posts in this topic

I'll preface this by letting you all know this isn't my book, but I love this cover and caption. who's the strongest again? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

secretwars498.jpg

If you actualy read the story (crazy, I know) you'll learn that he's not actually bearing all that weight.

One of my favorite covers BTW. thumbsup2.gif

But since you brought it up...Wolverine is also just a 4 out of 7 on the strength scale. However Wovlie is one of only two to peak out at 7 on fighting ability whereas Sabretooth only ranks a 5.

Point 1: Don't tell me they've given Wolvie super-strength, as he used to be a 1 out of 7, basically a strong normal human.

Point 2: I agree with this last point on fighting, but did it bother anyone else that the "movie Wolverine" in X2 basically devolved into a claw-swinging-person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point with no real fighting ability whatsoever?

He fought pretty well to me. confused-smiley-013.gif

In X2? screwy.gif

In the first movie, he was pretty good, and they even had him fighting a bit without claws. But in the sequel, he fights Mystique and Deathstrike, and it's like a he's a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point, swinging away with his claws, and hitting just air. Over and over the poor guy swings his claws and misses, never thinking to change his attack, and never using his fists or hands in any way. It's just claws, claws and more claws.

Mystique and Lady Deathstrike pummel him mercilessly, right until the end, where Wolverine's adamantium skeleton turns him into The Terminator and he finally prevails. Lame!

He showed virtually no fighting skill in those bouts (a normal, non-Terminator would have been killed long ago), and basically the character degenerated into an adamantium-laced insufficiently_thoughtful_person swinging his claws around.

Cosmic Spidey insane.gif

Ding ding ding. Just ask the Hulk from ASM 328, when Hulk was thrown into space by little old Spidey.

Cheating. If that counts, i say cosmic hulk and win again.

There were alot strong characters in the Marvel Universe Index Guides. Alot of 200 ton plus pressers. ( How would you judge that in a power lifting meet ). I remember it said the Hulk's full power was unknown at peak adrenaline levels when he was in a rage. doh!

Lets not forget the azz whipping he got by the Abomimation in Tales to Astonish #91 or #92. I dont remember which issue but it was a great storyline. Hulk all the way.

DR.X