• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strongest Person in the Marvel Universe

Strongest person in Marvel Universe  

2,148 members have voted

1. 1. Strongest person in Marvel Universe

222 posts in this topic

If anyone was really THAT strong where they could pick up 100 tons without even thinking about it...how much trouble would they have picking up something tiny like a needle? (Picture Hulk trying to thread a needle... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif )

This gives me a chance to really geek out....Reminds me of the Smallville episode where Clark is playing football and hurts a member of the other team when Mr. Mytzplikt (whatever?) jinxes him and causes him to trip.

Clark and Pa Kent get into a big arguement and Clark notes that he has always had to use extreme caution in every situation (handshakes, hugs, etc...).

As an aside, we find out in All-Star Superman #2 that Supes is able to lift 100's of millions of tons. The key to the Fortress of Solitude weighs a 1/2-million tons itself.

I think it's a matter of "power control" learned over time.

All that being said, I cannot see the Hulk having the patience for sewing.

confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Ahhh, that felt good. tongue.gif

If anyone was really THAT strong where they could pick up 100 tons without even thinking about it...how much trouble would they have picking up something tiny like a needle? (Picture Hulk trying to thread a needle... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif )

This gives me a chance to really geek out....Reminds me of the Smallville episode where Clark is playing football and hurts a member of the other team when Mr. Mytzplikt (whatever?) jinxes him and causes him to trip.

Clark and Pa Kent get into a big arguement and Clark notes that he has always had to use extreme caution in every situation (handshakes, hugs, etc...).

As an aside, we find out in All-Star Superman #2 that Supes is able to lift 100's of millions of tons. The key to the Fortress of Solitude weighs a 1/2-million tons itself.

I think it's a matter of "power control" learned over time.

All that being said, I cannot see the Hulk having the patience for sewing.

confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Ahhh, that felt good. tongue.gif

Good point. Though, as far as the Hulk sewing.. I think it would depend on who's writing him. If Peter David is writing then Hulk might do it just to [embarrassing lack of self control] off Bruce. 27_laughing.gif. But I agree. Learned control. Look at IH #82 when Hulk was beating up his gray version. "You don't get it. You are what I was. I'm a lot more now." Something to that effect. Smart Hulk can think and reason and can control his power.

It is the Hulk.

"most powerful creature to ever walk the planet"...from Marvel.com bio

He measure a 7 (highest) on their strength table.

Others of note that also registered the 7 were:

Abomination

Destroyer

Galactus

Juggernaut

Sentinels

Thanos

Thor

I imagine the Silver Surfer would also make this list, but for some reason they do not have his bio on there.

How can a Sentinel have the same strength as Galactus? makepoint.gif

West

Man, after reading about all the scandals and greed and underhandedness in the comic biz, a geek-fest thread like this is a breath of fresh air.

btw, my vote goes to Hulk.

i hope he wasn't standing on the ground when he picked something that heavy up. there's not a substance in the world that could handle the pounds per square inch load that would be going through his feet at the time

i hope he wasn't standing on the ground when he picked something that heavy up. there's not a substance in the world that could handle the pounds per square inch load that would be going through his feet at the time

The key did put a crack in floor of the FOS. tongue.gif

sorry gang, but Galactus is stronger than Hulk and even Thanos is stronger than Hulkie...

i think Hulk can be the top shelf for "human" strenght, but it wouldn't be a match fighting the big G and the nasty T

regards

Thanos, stronger than Hulk....BAH! Baaaah I tell you! 893whatthe.gif

My question is, is there a substance in the universe that would even WEIGH 500,000 tons if you shaped it into the size and shape of the key to the Fortress of Solitude?

My question is, is there a substance in the universe that would even WEIGH 500,000 tons if you shaped it into the size and shape of the key to the Fortress of Solitude?

i haven't seen the key. confused-smiley-013.gif.

a cubic foot of iridium is over thirteen hundred pounds, while 24k gold is about twelve hundred. lead is a mere 708

a cubic foot of iridium is over thirteen hundred pounds, while 24k gold is about twelve hundred. lead is a mere 708

He made it out of some substance from Alpha Centuri-5 or Rydjel-7. confused-smiley-013.gif

He made it out of some substance from Alpha Centuri-5 or Rydjel-7. confused-smiley-013.gif

In All-Star #2 he states he made the key from the matter of a white dwarf star.

Though the point is moot if we are talking about the strongest Marvel characters only. foreheadslap.gif