• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strongest Person in the Marvel Universe

Strongest person in Marvel Universe  

2,148 members have voted

1. 1. Strongest person in Marvel Universe

222 posts in this topic

I've wondered sometimes who the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe is. Is there a definite answer for that? Is it the Living Tribunal? The Beyonder?

As for regular heroes and villains, wouldn't Apocalypse be the strongest? I bet he could beat up anyone on that list pretty easily..

I think it has been intimated that the Living Tribunal (representative of an even higher power that governs the multi-verses) is the most powerful being. Although the weilder of the Infinity Gauntlet supposedly had essentially the same power, it is not exactly clear. However, since the tribunal shut off the access and the ability for the gems to work together any longer, it's probably the Living Tribunal. The Beyonder was later shown to be a manifestation in physical form of a cosmic cube, and cosmic cube, though having vast reality altering powers was not nearly as strong as the Infinity Gauntlet which controlled all aspects relating to this universe (and presumably, the same types of powers the Living Tribunal could wield).

I've wondered sometimes who the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe is. Is there a definite answer for that? Is it the Living Tribunal? The Beyonder?

As for regular heroes and villains, wouldn't Apocalypse be the strongest? I bet he could beat up anyone on that list pretty easily..

I about 2/3 of the way to getting all the 12 cent Thors and I'm goona sit my fanny down and read them cover to cover, ads and letter pages, from 83 to ..........?

Funnily enough I'm trying to do the same thing at the moment from 126 up, although I've read everything I've bought except for the 1 slab.

I'll sit down and read the whole lot again in order once I finnish the run.

And I voted for Thor.

Edited by Bronze_Age_Fan

I about 2/3 of the way to getting all the 12 cent Thors and I'm goona sit my fanny down and read them cover to cover, ads and letter pages, from 83 to ..........?

Funnily enough I'm trying to do the same thing at the moment from 126 up, although I've read everything I've bought except for the 1 slab.

I'll sit down and read the whole lot again in order once I finnish the run.

And I voted for Thor.

How far away are you from the 126-502 (i assume you are doing it from beginning to end) I have about 15 issues left to have the complete run yay.gif

How far away are you from the 126-502 (i assume you are doing it from beginning to end) I have about 15 issues left to have the complete run yay.gif

I'm not as close to the end as you are but I'm getting there, I've got a slabed 154 on it's way to me at the moment.

Gotta love those bronze Thor covers.

Edited by Bronze_Age_Fan

I'm not as close to the end as you are but I'm getting there, I've got a slabed 154 on it's way to me at the moment.

Gotta love those bronze Thor covers.

Cool, whats the grade on it?

Just a 6.5, nothing spectacular. It only set me back $15 which is abour guide for that issue.

I'll most probably crack it when it arrives.

thumbsup2.gif

Enjoy, Ive got an Avengers 17 7.0 i might crack out.

Just a 6.5, nothing spectacular. It only set me back $15 which is abour guide for that issue.

I'll most probably crack it when it arrives.

thumbsup2.gif

Enjoy, Ive got an Avengers 17 7.0 i might crack out.

Will do, good luck with those final issues you need for your run.

Back in 1997, Wizard put out a "Top 10 Strongest Superheroes" The list didn't include villians and they couldn't be some huge alien beings are something like that. So that's why they didn't have Galactus or Thanos on there. Anyway, after each person, they explained what they're power was then they explained how one would defeat the other and so forth. Starting from 1 to 10 it was the following: Silver Surfer, Thor, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Spawn, Dr. Strange, Professor X, Firestorm, and the Hulk rounding out the top 10. Now, they put Dr. Strange and Professor X up there because Professor X could mind control the hulk to like jump away and Dr. Strange could send the Hulk to another planet like he did in issue 300 of the Incredible Hulk. So I guess you can call that a defeat, but I really don't think that would count. I don't know why they put Firestrom in there and the reason for putting Spawn in there was because he has lost arms and legs before and still kept fighting. I tend to believe that this was a time when Wizard was kissing Todd McFarlane's butt and they needed to put an Image character on there list so I don't think he should even be there. They put Flash on there because be could do a whole punch of rapid punches to the Hulk's chest that it would eventually put a whole right through him. Again, I think it's pretty lame. Only Surfer, Thor, Superman, and Wonder Woman, they said would beat Hulk in a one on one slugfest. These fights, you can argue forever on who would win. So, if anything, he should be at least in the top 5 and how much stronger he could become by the madder he got would determine if he could bet those guys. He beat the Abomination when when he got his orginal strength back which made him twice as strong as the Hulk in issue 270 (thats 200 tons) and the Hulk kicked his butt still. So, it's all relative.

Hulk would smash all. "bah why do puny people always underestimate Hulk, Hulk is strongest one there is". poke2.gif that is Wonder Woman tickling Hulk, with all she's got, Hulk is just wondering what the f she's trying to do heheheheh

Back in 1997, Wizard put out a "Top 10 Strongest Superheroes" The list didn't include villians and they couldn't be some huge alien beings are something like that. So that's why they didn't have Galactus or Thanos on there. Anyway, after each person, they explained what they're power was then they explained how one would defeat the other and so forth. Starting from 1 to 10 it was the following: Silver Surfer, Thor, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Spawn, Dr. Strange, Professor X, Firestorm, and the Hulk rounding out the top 10. Now, they put Dr. Strange and Professor X up there because Professor X could mind control the hulk to like jump away and Dr. Strange could send the Hulk to another planet like he did in issue 300 of the Incredible Hulk. So I guess you can call that a defeat, but I really don't think that would count. I don't know why they put Firestrom in there and the reason for putting Spawn in there was because he has lost arms and legs before and still kept fighting. I tend to believe that this was a time when Wizard was kissing Todd McFarlane's butt and they needed to put an Image character on there list so I don't think he should even be there. They put Flash on there because be could do a whole punch of rapid punches to the Hulk's chest that it would eventually put a whole right through him. Again, I think it's pretty lame. Only Surfer, Thor, Superman, and Wonder Woman, they said would beat Hulk in a one on one slugfest. These fights, you can argue forever on who would win. So, if anything, he should be at least in the top 5 and how much stronger he could become by the madder he got would determine if he could bet those guys. He beat the Abomination when when he got his orginal strength back which made him twice as strong as the Hulk in issue 270 (thats 200 tons) and the Hulk kicked his butt still. So, it's all relative.

I think the question here has more to do with who has the most physical brute strength rather than who is the most powerful.

Well, if you're sticking with the most powerful in the MU then it has to be either Hulk or Silver Surfer. Hulk for sheer brute strength. Nothing can stop Hulk since the madder he gets the stronger he gets so there's no top to his scale. Now Silver Surfer has to rate since not only does he have a shell that protects him from well, pretty much everything he also has powers that can rearrange molecules which mean's he could just make the Hulk's molecules jump two feet from each other without the Hulk even getting near him.

It is the Hulk.

"most powerful creature to ever walk the planet"...from Marvel.com bio

He measure a 7 (highest) on their strength table.

Others of note that also registered the 7 were:

Abomination

Destroyer

Galactus

Juggernaut

Sentinels

Thanos

Thor

I imagine the Silver Surfer would also make this list, but for some reason they do not have his bio on there.

If anyone was really THAT strong where they could pick up 100 tons without even thinking about it...how much trouble would they have picking up something tiny like a needle? (Picture Hulk trying to thread a needle... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif )