• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
18 18

2,874 posts in this topic

(thumbs u Honestly I thought the FF#252 I bought form you was the sharpest of the batch I submitted, was hoping for one 9.8 with the 363's [still have one more copy I haven't submitted]. I was a bit surprised with the 9.4 grade on the FF. I need to review the notes but it doesn't matter as it completes a mini run of FF's for me.

The scan is in the link above and here are the notes:

small impact bend through bottom right corner with crease front cover barely breaks color

2 small thin sun shadows top back cover

tiny wear top & bottom spine

I think they were a bit picky to be honest but keep in mind that I did not press any of these either so that may have helped too.

For Americans too :whee: I bought alot of Canadian comic in the united state due to being 2 miles from the border. In those days you got asked 2 or 3 questions to cross the border, so it was easy and you didn't have to worry about going on vacation to Guantonomo Bay (lol).

Seriously tho American issues were sold in Canada, and Canadian priced comics were sold in the US. They also used the 75 cent variants to do price tests in three cities in the US. One of them was amazing spider-man 252.

Instead of ripping the covers off the north American newsstands, marvel/DC would fill the demands with the supplies to which ever store needed them and very often we would see all kinds of Canadian comic in the US, and vice versa.

Some American stores would put 60 cent sticker where the 75 cent box is. If at the time you used a blow dryer the sticker would come off easy. This is my first hand experience.