• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
18 18

2,877 posts in this topic

Sounds very intriguing. I take it you are based in Eastern Canada? I have been trying to find high grade copies [9.6-9.8's] of various FF issues but it seems like they almost do not exist. Thor's are much easier but I buy up pretty multiple copies of my favorite issues when I can.

Yes, every single Fantastic Four Canadian is accounted for, untouched, pristine and looking better than the stuff that is delivered this week to the comic shops by Diamond.

I just bought about 40 high grade issues in the last month and I'm looking for more. I sure would like to get my hands on certain books and would even buy duplicates. If you have multiple copies of X-Men #207 and some of the early Thor's and FF's send them my way and I promise record prices. :whistle:

They really just aren't interested in labeling those Thors correctly, are they? I've got a 337 I'd like to send back to get corrected, but it seems that this gets missed quite often.

I think if the submitter doesn't put it in their submission notes CGC doesn't bother to adjust the label.

I think you're right.

And I think some submitters may not want the notation? I'd never considered this before, but I was selling at a show two weeks ago, and two different times guys put the books back because they were Canadian (shrug)

Both times they brought the books up to buy, I pointed out that they were the Canadian edition (thinking I'm adding value and interest), and both times they frowned and put the books back.

I guess you just have to find the sophisticated buyer lol

Nice books!

I especially like the Hawkeye 1. What was the grade on that if you don't mind.

Thanks, 9.8.

Wow that's crazy. Also dig the Byrne FFs a few pages back. I have them, but they're probably 9.4 raw - never seen Such perfect Canadians in the wild.