• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Infinity Gauntlet (War, Crusade, Thanos Quest) Appreciation Thread

1,122 posts in this topic

I'd prob have to line up at 3am just to get these at SDCC.

Yep. Gotta line up outside to get in the building early. Then run over to the Hasbro ticket line. Wait there for a few hours. Get your ticket for that day which allows you to get in the buying line at a predetermined time for that day during show hours. Hope your items don't sell out. If you get one, they will stamp your badge noting what you bought so you can't repeat the next day. Fingers crossed you get an extra for me. haha

Why is #3,#4, #6 IG CGC 9.8 books so expensive?

But a #2 9.8 is $20-$50 cheaper?

I just bought a #2 for $65 free shipping, but was looking at the others and my goodness there waaaayy to high.

Thoughts please?

I haven't looked at the census, but I'm guessing these are less available than others.

I love this so much. I wish I could get one without having to pay x5 on eBay

Why is #3,#4, #6 IG CGC 9.8 books so expensive?

But a #2 9.8 is $20-$50 cheaper?

I just bought a #2 for $65 free shipping, but was looking at the others and my goodness there waaaayy to high.

Thoughts please?

I haven't looked at the census, but I'm guessing these are less available than others.

Maybe your right. I would just like to get all 6 in 9.8 slowly but surely. I am slow but don't call me surely. lol

I love this so much. I wish I could get one without having to pay x5 on eBay

Prices will come down for them after the dust settles. '13 SDCC Carbonite Han Solo with Boba 6" was pushing $250+ now you can get him for $139 free shipping. I just hope Hasbro makes enough. :wishluck:

Is there anything else worth reading with Thanos other than the Infinity Gauntlet saga? I came across something called "Thanos Rising", any good?

Avengers VS Thanos TPB is the BEST reprint you will find available for pre-SS/IG. It reprints Iron Man 55 all the way through til Avengers Ann #7, including the Logans Run #6 solo story plus other crossover books

I bought this recently and it is very good. Some of the writing is a little meh, but the Starlin artwork really is top notch. His figures are reminiscent of Steranko, IMO.

I've never owned a copy of IM 55 but (finally) reading it in the reprint, it is a great book.

Good stuff and great recommendation, especially if you can find it at a discount off the cover price.

Did anyone else pick up Thanos Annual today... awwwww yeah

Great read!

Also, if there is another event with Annihilus as the big bad I'm going to lose it. Annihilation is tied with IG as my favorite event.

Speaking of Warlock and the Infinity Watch, here are 3 pages I recently acquired from #10, an Infinity War crossover. I've been searching for Thanos pages from this issue for ages, as Angel Medina's hyper-aggressive rendition of Thanos fighting his doppelganger has been etched in my mind for decades! I'd all but given up hope since Medina art from this series, yet alone this issue, is so hard to find... then these 3 beauties turned up :cloud9:

Thrilled to obtain Page 2 as well :grin:

147697.jpg.7c67734c93d7d3a5e6fde23c9fa9906d.jpg