• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

I knew them both when I was a teenager, but didn't read either even though Preacher intrigued me more. hm

I have both tpb's and I'm reading Preacher and YTLM right now. Sandman will be next. I like this question and want to see what everyone's choices would be. :popcorn:

Blue label just sold for $650 on eBay

Captain Insano is leading Preacher charge. Where will it end?

I'm tipping $1000 dollar mark by early next year... if not sooner. There'll be a flood of them after that when everyone's fast tracked books come back.

:gossip: I heard there's one for a BARGAIN at $650 in the marketplace!!

:ohnoez:

Sandman is beautiful illustrated literature, and Preacher is a guilty pleasure - trashy and designed to shock.

Pretty much describes it. lol

Yup...I respect SANDMAN...it elevated the medium...but I enjoyed PREACHER more.

When are we going to see some of the art get shaken loose and posted on eBay??? :frustrated:

Does this help your frustrations?

PAGE 1

PAGE 2

(shrug)

No. :sorry:

This piece sold for $956 on Heritage today:

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7084&lotNo=93493

Very solid result considering 1. it's not from the regular series (and may not even be published) and 2. the OA crowd isn't as sensitive (and doesn't react as fast) to TV/movie hype as the comics crowd.

When are we going to see some of the art get shaken loose and posted on eBay??? :frustrated:

Does this help your frustrations?

PAGE 1

PAGE 2

(shrug)

No. :sorry:

This piece sold for $956 on Heritage today:

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7084&lotNo=93493

Very solid result considering 1. it's not from the regular series (and may not even be published) and 2. the OA crowd isn't as sensitive (and doesn't react as fast) to TV/movie hype as the comics crowd.

I was surprised at the result as well. It was a solid image but done in the later and less detailed style. Plus, I assumed it was published in Wizard but I couldn't confirm. I ended up trying to bid but the mobile connection is horrid for live bids. Besides, it went considerably higher than I was willing to bid. However I would pay more than that for a solid panel page from early in the series... or trade.

Sandman is beautiful illustrated literature, and Preacher is a guilty pleasure - trashy and designed to shock.

I always like Hellblazer more and picked up Preacher because I liked Ennis' writing.