• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

Seems like it is a 50/50 thought on what is better...

Preview or #1

I respect the opinions of many in this thread but if you haven't chased down a high grade Preview, you might not realize how tough they are. I attend around 10-15 shows each year and while I have purchased multiple Preacher 1s, I was unable to find any high grade Previews and only 2-3 Previews in total.

My 9.8 SS isn't for sale, so I feel like the speculation for me is not relevant.

I hope that makes sense lol

I would be more then happy to trade for Previews is anyone wants to get out on the high? Plenty of books for trade ;)

JJ

That's fair enough for completionists ... But the group of 5 year olds people like to reference playing football are going to want #1. I can only assume that the majority of people seeing the heat and wanting in or simply now having elevated expectations haven't got a collection to start with.

Not denying the preview is something interesting for the fans but you can complete a run without it. You can't complete a run with a preview and no Vol.1 #1.

Preview or #1

I respect the opinions of many in this thread but if you haven't chased down a high grade Preview, you might not realize how tough they are. I attend around 10-15 shows each year and while I have purchased multiple Preacher 1s, I was unable to find any high grade Previews and only 2-3 Previews in total.

My 9.8 SS isn't for sale, so I feel like the speculation for me is not relevant.

I would be more then happy to trade for Previews is anyone wants to get out on the high? Plenty of books for trade ;)

JJ

That's fair enough for completionists ... But the group of 5 year olds people like to reference playing football are going to want #1. I can only assume that the majority of people seeing the heat and wanting in or simply now having elevated expectations haven't got a collection to start with.

Not denying the preview is something interesting for the fans but you can complete a run without it. You can't complete a run with a preview and no Vol.1 #1.

Sure, you can :whistle:

966847.jpg

608641.jpg

Preview or #1

JJ

Sure, you can :whistle:

966847.jpg

608641.jpg

:taptaptap:

hehe

If the show is a success on the level of Walking Dead and new fans turn to the comics and spend money, they're naturally going to go after a #1 since they might not understand the nature of the Preview.

(thumbs u

#1 will see more demand.

BUT, the supply of the Preview will make it a wash.

Both will do very well.

Interesting discussion, I certainly think having both is a must for a Preacher collector and tracking down a copy of the Preview that finally graded 9.8 was certainly challenging for me (thankfully got it done late last year). Look forward to how they develop the show, certainly could be a boom or bust type thing.

hm The Preview seems to be going for at least double the amount of Preacher #1 and seems tougher to find.

That being said, I have a Preacher #1 and don't have any $ to pick up a Preacher #1 Preview.... so... :whistle:

Preacher #1 is the book to own!!! :acclaim::whee:

lol

Collectors are driving the market and willing to pay a premium for the previews right now. Try to sell Capes to the hoards of casual Walking Dead fans and you'd have a challenge. I have plenty of 1's and Previews apparently so ........ Go AMC!

hm The Preview seems to be going for at least double the amount of Preacher #1 and seems tougher to find.

That being said, I have a Preacher #1 and don't have any $ to pick up a Preacher #1 Preview.... so... :whistle:

Preacher #1 is the book to own!!! :acclaim::whee:

+1 I have a few #1s, no Previews doh!

The question is, what to do with my VF copies of Preacher #1...? (shrug)