• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

Because f the nature of the collector. Only the hardcore fan would have to have the previews. If the show ever happens then the number of casual fans will heavily outweigh the hardcore collectors and I think you will see a correction. If you are talking trends then where else does a preview sell for more than the #1?

I was talking about the trend for the preacher preview not other books :gossip:

It will be interesting to see what happens. My thoughts are that given its rarity, that it so closely resembles #1, has historically had a higher price, that it shows Jesse front and back and that it was publisher first, it has a good chance of remaining the most desirable.

In favor of the preacher 1 I can see the following positives, CGC notes it as the first appearance, it is more substantial in size (though I think this is a very minor point) and it is the beginning of the on going series.

Can anyone help me with what the Preview issue is selling for? I see a few best offers accepted on ebay but don't know what they went for. I have a NM copy that I am going to sell but not sure what to ask.

Thanks

mathew

Doesn't seem to be many recorded sales, assuming your book is a 9.8.

2013 (1) $400Hi

2012 (1) $300Hi

2008 (1) $441Hi

2003 (1) $90Hi

But hold strong. This book is going to rise and rise in value. That is of course unless you want to sell to me at 2003's prices. ;)

*Sorry - just read "NM" - 9.6 and below seem to be around $100 but those are old figures.

It sounds like everyone is "poo-pooing" the Absolute Vertigo" issue. This comic may have been published after Preacher Preview, but it came out before Preacher 1. Is Absolute Vertigo just a Preacher Preview wannabe?

Meck

For years, Absolute Vertigo was the Preacher book. The Preacher Preview was not well known about, at all. Once the PP came more to the forefront, the fact that it came first in time and that it has the complete cover, made it the premier Preacher book to have and the Absolute Vertigo book became the red-headed stepchild. I still like it and think it is cool, because I remember back when it was a wall book. lol

It sounds like everyone is "poo-pooing" the Absolute Vertigo" issue. This comic may have been published after Preacher Preview, but it came out before Preacher 1. Is Absolute Vertigo just a Preacher Preview wannabe?

Meck

For years, Absolute Vertigo was the Preacher book. The Preacher Preview was not well known about, at all. Once the PP came more to the forefront, the fact that it came first in time and that it has the complete cover, made it the premier Preacher book to have and the Absolute Vertigo book became the red-headed stepchild. I still like it and think it is cool, because I remember back when it was a wall book. lol

I remember it as a wall book too but you couldn't give those things away once the Preview took hold.

Meck

I remember it as a wall book too but you couldn't give those things away once the Preview took hold.

It's an odd book because it predates preacher 1 but is not the first appearance of any of the main characters. I never see it cheap where I live and the usual sources online are dried up. I hope it commands decent money down the road just as much as i hope Vertigo Defy does when someone options The Wake.

Meck

It's an odd book because it predates preacher 1 but is not the first appearance of any of the main characters. I never see it cheap where I live and the usual sources online are dried up. I hope it commands decent money down the road just as much as i hope Vertigo Defy does when someone options The Wake.

Saint of Killers :baiting:

Meck

I think this is still a decent pick at this point. It came out in January of 1995. I am using Comichron estimates.

132 Absolute Vertigo DC 29.1 share

Comichron states this; Capital City Distribution had preorders of 39,250 copies of Amazing Spider-Man #399, the item, and the title's Statement of Ownership reported average monthly sales comics-shop and newsstand sales of 208,090 copies for the year. Diamond's sales on that issue were likely in the 75,000-copy range, meaning one point on this chart equals 700-800 comic books sold by Diamond.

so roughly 20,370 to 23,280 copies were sold through Diamond.

Capital's orders were esimated at 10,700 copies so somewhere between 31,000 to 34,000 copies total on a 99 cent book. I can't imagine that a lot of these were saved in really nice shape.

I'm betting there will be at least a little demand once again for this book.

Meck

Saint of Killers :baiting:

Good point.